Orientation and Onboarding for New Postdocs
Vanderbilt University (VU) has made the safety of our students, faculty, staff, and postdocs and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, the University recently announced that students, faculty, staff, and postdocs are required to be vaccinated against COVID. Effective, August 1, 2021, proof of full vaccination or an approved accommodation will be required in order to work at Vanderbilt University. Have questions? Check out the FAQs.
Accommodations for medical and religious exemptions can be requested with the Equal, Opportunity and Access Office.
All Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) employees will be required to be fully vaccinated or have an approved exemption from this requirement by no later than Thursday, Sept. 30, 2021, as a condition of employment. Read more here.
Orientation for New Postdocs
Orientation for VU Postdocs
- OPA holds VU postdoc orientation on the second Wednesday of each month at 9:00 a.m. All Vanderbilt University Postdocs (9145, 9146, 9136) should attend the OPA orientation. This is a one hour orientation to give new postdocs information on the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs, resources on campus and benefits information.
- Due to COVID-19 all OPA orientations are taking place virtually.
- Postdocs classified as 9145 (VU-employed) are also expected to attend the HR Benefits Orientation session on the first Monday following their hire date.
- Click here for more information and to register your postdoc for OPA Orientation and HR Benefits Orientation (if applicable).
Orientation for VUMC Postdocs
- For VUMC postdoc orientation, please contact Jan Varadarajan in the School of Medicine.
Onboarding and Information for New Postdocs
- More information for new postdoc hires, including onboarding information can be found online here.