Orientation and Onboarding for New Postdocs
For Health and Wellness Protocols for Vanderbilt University, visit the Health and Safety Protocols website.
For information for Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) postdocs, visit the VUMC – Employee Covid-19 Vaccination Information website.
Orientation for New Postdocs
Orientation for VU Postdocs
- OPA holds VU postdoc orientation on the second Wednesday of each month at 9:00 a.m. All Vanderbilt University Postdocs (9145, 9146, 9136) should attend the OPA orientation. This is a 90-minute orientation to give new postdocs information on the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs, resources on campus and benefits information.
- Due to COVID-19 all OPA orientations are taking place virtually.
- Click here for more information and to register your postdoc for OPA Orientation.
VU Human Resources has created a webpage for all new hires. In lieu of presenting benefits via zoom orientation, new hires can access all benefit information along with vendor presentations at their own pace.
Orientation for VUMC Postdocs
- VUMC Postdoctoral Research Fellows (9132) will attend VUMC New Staff Orientation (NSO). You will receive confirmation information from SOMPostdocs@vanderbilt.edu.
- For VUMC postdoc orientation, please contact Jan Varadarajan in the School of Medicine.
- Effective January 2023, VUMC Postdocs will attend New Postdoc Orientation with the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs. Department administrators can register the postdoc after they have been cleared for hire. Click here for more information or to register your postdoc for OPA Orientation.
VUMC Postdocs should claim Dual Identity to access Vanderbilt University resources. An email will be sent to all new VUMC postdocs within the first two weeks of their hire date.
For more information on Dual Identity, visit the Dual Identity webpage.
Onboarding and Information for New Postdocs
- More information for new postdoc hires, including onboarding information can be found online here.