Academic Life Coaches
Academic Life Coaches assist postdoctoral fellows in their academic and professional development during their time at Vanderbilt. This position was created to support postdocs through individual coaching and group programming around effective time and stress management, resilience, conflict resolution, navigating academic relationships, and juggling work/life responsibilities.
Meet our Academic Life Coaches
Nadine De La Rosa, Ed.D.
Academic Life Coach and Primary Postdoc Contact
Dr. Nadine De La Rosa serves as one of the Academic Life Coaches at The Graduate School. This position was created to support students and postdocs through individual coaching and group programming around effective time and stress management, resilience, conflict resolution, navigating academic relationships, and juggling work/life responsibilities. Originally from New York City, she earned a bachelor’s degree from Western Kentucky University in social work & Spanish and a master’s degree in higher education leadership. Nadine is currently a doctoral candidate 21’ in Peabody’s doctor of education (Ed.D) in leadership and learning in organizations at Vanderbilt. She enjoys utilizing positive psychology to coach and connect graduate students and postdocs to resources that help them thrive.
Stacey Satchell, ICF Professional Certified Coach, MA, MS
Senior Academic Life Coach
Stacey has served as the first and only Academic Life Coach for the last three years and is excited to expand the team to serve more graduate students and postdocs through individual coaching and group programming. Prior to serving in this role, Stacey has enjoyed a 20+ year career in higher education providing support for undergraduates and medical students in a variety of student support roles at Vanderbilt, NYU, Columbia and St. John’s University – with much time focused in the field of academic advising. Stacey is also certified in mediation skills and is interested in supporting Vanderbilt community members in having the difficult conversations that lead to growth, learning and moving forward toward shared goals.
RC Stabile, Ed.D.
Academic Life Coach
Dr. RC Stabile has been a member of the Vanderbilt community for six years. Originally from Long Island, NY, he began his time as a commodore with the Office of Housing and Residential Experience while supervising Highland Quadrangle until July 2021. Dr. Stabile has a bachelor’s in Elementary Education from Iona College in New Rochelle, NY, and a master’s in Student Affairs in Higher Education from the Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Most recently, Dr. Stabile completed his doctorate in Learning Organizations and Strategic Change from Lipscomb University in Nashville, Tennessee. His doctoral research looked at at-risk behaviors shown by students who receive social work interventions and those who do not. Dr. Stabile has a passion for wellness within the academic arena and enjoys cooking, watching Survivor, and Olympic lifting.
Consider contacting an Academic Life Coach, if you need:
- Someone to listen to your concerns and have a discussion about your concern
- Assistance working through an issue with a colleague, advisor or supervisor
- Knowledge of and assistance accessing resources available to postdocs on campus
- Clarification concerning a university, departmental or program policy
- To explore the formal options available for addressing your concern
- To learn methods and strategies to resolve or deescalate conflict
- Programming will be available on both the university and Medical Center sides of campus to best serve all postdocs.
- More information on current programming opportunities can be found online here.
Schedule an Appointment
- If you are a postdoc and would like to make an appointment with an Academic Life Coach, please first review the Confidentiality & Consent form, then make an appointment (link below).
- If you are scheduling a follow up appointment and have already completed the Confidentiality & Consent form, please go ahead and schedule via the link below.
- You can meet 1:1 with any Academic Life Coach in Alumni Hall, Science & Engineering Library (VR Classroom) or via Zoom.
- Make an appointment using the online calendar tool, here: https://calendly.com/individual-coaching-in-person-or-zoom