Academic Life Coaches
Academic Life Coaches assist postdoctoral fellows in their academic and professional development during their time at Vanderbilt. This position was created to support postdocs through individual coaching and group programming around effective time and stress management, resilience, conflict resolution, navigating academic relationships, and juggling work/life responsibilities.
Meet our Academic Life Coaches
Stacey Satchell, ICF Professional Certified Coach, MA, MS
Senior Academic Life Coach
Stacey has served as the first and only Academic Life Coach for the last three years and is excited to expand the team to serve more graduate students and postdocs through individual coaching and group programming. Prior to serving in this role, Stacey has enjoyed a 20+ year career in higher education providing support for undergraduates and medical students in a variety of student support roles at Vanderbilt, NYU, Columbia and St. John’s University – with much time focused in the field of academic advising. Stacey is also certified in mediation skills and is interested in supporting Vanderbilt community members in having the difficult conversations that lead to growth, learning and moving forward toward shared goals.
Consider contacting an Academic Life Coach, if you need:
- Someone to listen to your concerns and have a discussion about your concern
- Assistance working through an issue with a colleague, advisor or supervisor
- Knowledge of and assistance accessing resources available to postdocs on campus
- Clarification concerning a university, departmental or program policy
- To explore the formal options available for addressing your concern
- To learn methods and strategies to resolve or deescalate conflict
- Programming will be available on both the university and Medical Center sides of campus to best serve all postdocs.
- More information on current programming opportunities can be found online here.
Schedule an Appointment
- If you are a postdoc and would like to make an appointment with an Academic Life Coach, please first review the Confidentiality & Consent form, then make an appointment (link below).
- If you are scheduling a follow up appointment and have already completed the Confidentiality & Consent form, please go ahead and schedule via the link below.
- You can meet 1:1 with any Academic Life Coach in Alumni Hall, Science & Engineering Library (VR Classroom) or via Zoom.
- Make an appointment using the online calendar tool, here: https://calendly.com/individual-coaching-in-person-or-zoom