Graduate Student Placement
Our faculty is committed to the success of our students. We work hard to train our students so that they will be competitive candidates for academic jobs, both within the United States and beyond. In the years leading up to dissertation completion, the Director of Graduate Studies organizes professional development brown-bags to encourage students to think ahead about networking, publishing, and preparing for the job market. Once the student is ready to enter the job market, the Placement Director and Dissertation Advisor work closely with each student to organize the student’s application materials, to arrange practice job talks, and to help the student prepare for campus and telephone interviews.
- Allison Archer, tenure-track assistant professor, Jepson School of Leadership Studies at the University of Richmond.
- Mollie Cohen, tenure-track assistant professor, School of Public and International Affairs at the University of Georgia.
- Beth Estes, Academic Support Coordinator, the Writing Studio, Vanderbilt University
- Mark Richardson, tenure-track assistant professor in the political science department, James Madison University.
- Bryan Rooney, Junior Research Fellow, the Carlos III Juan March Institute in Madrid, Spain
- Carrie Roush, Democracy Postdoctoral Fellow, Harvard’s Ash Center for Democratic Governance and Innovation, 2017-2019
- Gui Russo, Research Associate, the Pew Research Center in Washington, D.C.
- Fred Batista, Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science and Public Administration, University of North Carolina - Charlotte
- Matthew DiLorenzo, Research Analyst, AidData, College of William & Mary
- Brielle Harbin, Vice Provost Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Political Science at the University of Pennsylvania
- Meri Long, Lecturer and Academic Advisor, Department of Political Science, University of Pittsburgh
- Claire Abernathy, Assistant Professor, Stockton University
- Matthew Layton, Assistant Professor, Ohio University
- Mason Moseley, Assistant Professor, West Virginia University
- Stephen Utych, Assistant Professor, Boise State University
- Daniel Zizumbo-Colunga, Visiting Professor, CIDE-Mexico
- Camille Burge, Assistant Professor, Villanova University
- Alejandro Diaz-Dominguez, Adviser, National Electoral Institute, Mexico City
- Evan Haglund, Assistant Professor of Public Policy, U.S. Coast Guard Academy
- Farhana Loonat, Assistant Professor, Skagit Valley College
- Mason Moseley, 2014-2015 Postdoctoral Fellow, Penn Program on Democracy, Citizenship, and Constitutionalism
- Mariana Rodríguez, Program Coordinator, Latin American Public Opinion Project
- Jennifer Selin, Assistant Professor, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Patrick Bentley, Associate Research Scientist, Strategic Analysis Enterprises
- Stacy Clifford, Hegarty Fellow, Michigan State University DOCTRID (Dublin) International Research Institute
- Margarita Corral, Postdoctoral Fellow, Brandeis University
- Brian Faughnan, Senior Analyst, Analytics Media Group
- Rebecca McBride, Assistant Professor, Calvin College
- Abby Córdova, Assistant Professor, University of Kentucky
- John Hudak, Fellow in Governance Studies, Brookings Institution
- Jason Husser, Assistant Professor, Elon University, and Assistant Director of the Elon Poll
- Gbemende Johnson, Assistant Professor, Hamilton College
- Jennifer Ogg Anderson, Assistant Professor, Tennessee Tech
- José Miguel Cruz, Visiting Assistant Professor, Florida International University
- Rodelio Cruz Manacsa, Assistant Professor, Sewanee: The University of the South
- Sonalini Sapra, Assistant Professor, St. Mary's College
- Maria Fernanda Boidi, Assistant Professor, Universidad de Montevideo
- Jeremiah Garretson, Assistant Professor, Stony Brook University
- Jenna Lukasik, Assistant Professor, Wheaton College
- Jorge Daniel Montalvo, Associate Professor of International Relations and Political Science and Director of the Center for Global Studies, Universidad San Francisco de Quito, Ecuador
Mollie Cohen, tenure-track assistant professor, School of Public and International Affairs at the University of Georgia.