End of Year Closing
Residence Halls Close May 2 at 9am
- Graduating seniors and other upperclass students needing to stay in their residence halls between May 2-9 must register for Commencement Week housing by 12PM on Friday May 1.
- Commencement Week registration will be available in the Housing Portal for eligible students beginning April 15.
- The Ingram Commons closes promptly at 9AM on May 2. First-year students needing to stay after May 2 should contact Ashley Ladyman, Assistant Director of Housing Assignments, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students who register to stay for Commencement Week must vacate their rooms no later than 1PM on Saturday, May 9.
- Please post an “Occupied” sign on your door when you are in your room during the Commencement Week. Occupied signs are available at area front desk.
- Each student must check out with an RA before departing campus.
- All residents are responsible for cleaning their rooms thoroughly prior to departure – dirty rooms, suites, or apartments may result in a housekeeping charge.
- Complete a change of address form on the Mail Services website before you leave.
- NOTHING may be stored in a student’s room, suite, or apartment, or in storage closets on residential floor.
Before You Leave
- Schedule a checkout with an RA to review your Room Condition Report (RCR) and return your room key.
- Completely clean out refrigerator and take trash to the dumpster.
- Set your thermostat between the “warm” and “cool” settings.
- Remove all personal belongings.
- Close and lock all windows.
- Lock your door.
- Limited storage is available in on-campus residence halls.
- Students are permitted to store up to two (2) items in their fall 2020 residence hall.
- Storage space is available on a first-come, first-served basis, and is not guaranteed.
- Students will be able to begin retrieving items placed in storage beginning Sunday, August 23, 2020 at 8PM.
- Items placed in storage will not be accessible prior to that time.
- Storage Out: All storage areas will be open from 8:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. on the evenings of April 15-17 for residents to collect all items currently in storage. All items must be removed at this time.
- Storage In: All fall storage areas will open from 8:00 p.m.- 8:30 p.m. on the evenings of April 20-May 2 or until storage areas are full.
- Fall 2020 Storage Locations residents of upper class residence halls:
- Blakemore: *FULL*
- Branscomb Quad: *FULL*
- Carmichael Towers East: *FULL*
- Morgan/Lewis/Mayfield/Chaffin: *FULL*
- Cole/Tolman/McGill: *FULL*
- McTyeire: McTyeire Attic (Meet in McTyeire Lobby)
- Warren & Moore: *FULL*
- E. Bronson Ingram: *FULL*
- Unassigned Students: *FULL*
Vanderbilt’s preferred student storage vendor is Premier College Storage managed by The UPS Store.
Locations with UPS representatives will be set up in the following locations from Monday, April 20 – Saturday, May 2 (10AM – 5PM):
- Kissam Center
- E. Bronson Ingram College
- Towers East Lobby
- Highland Quad
- Branscomb Quad Lobby
- Commons Center
- Peabody Lawn
- Stambaugh House
Service Hotline: 615-327-4614