Skip to main content

Reserve a Student Checkout Card & Manage Finances

There are several ways to pay for expenses through your organization’s account (center) without having to pay with your personal funds. If you do pay for something out of pocket, please submit the receipt and check request to your advisor promptly.

Student Checkout Cards

To Check out a Student Checkout Card:

  1. Fill out a Student Checkout Card request form online. Submit a request to check out a Student Checkout Card here. If your organization is not listed on the drop down menu, contact your advisor. 
  2. OACS staff will communicate to set up a time for you to pick up the Student Checkout Card.
  3. Fill out the Student Checkout Card Agreement and turn it in to OACS when you pick up the card.
  4. Be sure to indicate that Vanderbilt has tax exempt status when you make your purchases, and save all receipts.
  5. Return Student Checkout Card and receipts to the OACS office within 24 hours of check-out.


  • Student Checkout Cards work just like a credit card. They’re used for any purchases related to your student organization.
  • Please request well in advance. P-cards are checked out on a first come, first serve basis. Please notice that any failure to abide by Vanderbilt’s Student Checkout Card policies will result in a loss of Student Checkout Card privileges. If you have a question about a policy, don’t hesitate to contact your advisor.

Your Advisor’s Student Checkout Card:

  • Your advisor holds a Vanderbilt Student Checkout Card that can be used to make purchases in-person, online or over the phone. It works like a normal credit card.
  • Submit a Student Checkout Card request to reserve the Student Checkout Card. You will receive a confirmation email from your advisor. If possible, try to reserve the P-Card one week in advance. There is always high demand for Student Checkout Cards, especially around busy times of the semester.
  • Return all receipts to your advisor. If making online purchases, email your receipts to your advisor as soon as you receive them.
  • The purchase will be assigned and withdrawn from your organization’s account (center) at the end of the month.


  • OACS Deposit Sheets must be filled out for all deposits to your student organization task number (task number can be found in the Finance tab of your Anchorlink page).
  • Only cash, checks, and money orders are acceptable as deposits (make checks and money orders out to Vanderbilt University with your organization in the memo line).
  • You will need to itemize all cash, coins, and checks – the deposit sheet allows for this itemization.
  • We recommend that you save or print a copy of the deposit sheet for your records.
  • Submit all cash/checks along with a completed deposit excel sheet to Mark Leners in 351 Sarratt before 4:00 PM.
  • If collecting deposits after hours make a plan to keep the deposits under two locks (e.g., lock box and locked in a drawer) until the next business day and then bring the deposits to Mark Leners as soon as possible.

T-shirt and Other Custom Item Orders

  1. Submit a Merchandise Order Request (MOR) Form
  2. Request a quote from an approved vendor
  3. Email the following information to your advisor:
    1. MOR# that you receive after submitting the MOR form
    2. Quote from the vendor (usually a PDF file)
    3. Student Organization Task Number
  4. Advisor submits a requisition for the purchase
  5. If the requisition is approved, the order is given a PO number the PO number is sent to the vendor
  6. The vendor then sends an invoice to to be paid

More on Finances

FAFSA: Free Application for Federal Student Aid

Other Things to Keep in Mind

  • Provide original receipt(s) to your advisor. Always keep copies of your receipts.
  • Keep meticulous records for AcFee applications in the spring.
  • It’s wise to start the year with a budget, guided by your previous AcFee application. Track your progress monthly. Contact your advisor to help with this as-needed.
  • There are many ways to raise funds outside of AcFee. You need to know how much your activities will cost to determine how much money you will need to raise
  • Download the Tax Exemption Form Here.