MLK Joint Day of Service 2020
Join students from universities across Nashville in a weekend of action and reflection as we honor the efforts and contributions of Dr. King in challenging the discourse on civil (dis)obedience and justice for all humankind on Saturday, Jan. 18, 2020 hosted at Tennessee State University in Kean Hall.
A number of non-profit organizations in Nashville will be hosting service opportunities during the MLK Joint Day of Service. Students who would still like to participate or have questions about the 2020 MLK Joint Day of Service should contact Meagan Smith.
Student Leadership Opportunities
There will also be a limited number of leadership positions available for students the day of the MLK Joint Weekend of Service event. Please complete the registration form here to indicate your interest in serving as a student site leader at one of the community engagement opportunities.
Student leaders will be responsible for the following:
- Attend a brief training at 9:00 AM at Tennessee State University the morning of the event (Saturday, Jan. 18)
- Assist with volunteer registration, waiver completion, and site sign-up
- Communicate with their partner non-profit the day of the event
- Ensure that volunteers board the correct bus for their service site
- Motivate and organize volunteers at their service site
- Lead volunteers in a safe return trip to Tennessee State University and encourage participation in the closing reflection
- Contact staff leaders in the event of an emergency