Office of Active Citizenship and Service

Home » Students » Reserve a P-Card & Manage Finances

Reserve a P-Card & Manage Finances

There are several ways to pay for expenses through your organization’s account (center) without having to pay with your personal funds. If you do pay for something out of pocket, please submit the receipt and check request to your advisor promptly.

P-Cards (Payment Cards)

To Check out a P-Card:

  1. Fill out a P-Card request form online. Submit a request to check out a P-card here. If your organization is not listed on the drop down menu, contact your advisor. 
  2. OACS staff will communicate to set up a time for you to pick up the P-Card.
  3. Fill out the P-Card-Check-Out-Agreement and turn it in to OACS when you pick up the P-Card.
  4. Be sure to indicate that Vanderbilt has tax exempt status when you make your purchases, and save all receipts.
  5. Return P-Card and receipts to the OACS office within 24 hours of check-out.


  • P-Cards work just like a credit card. They’re used for any purchases related to your student organization.
  • Please request well in advance. P-cards are checked out on a first come, first serve basis. Please notice that any failure to abide by Vanderbilt’s P-Card policies will result in a loss of P-Card privileges. If you have a question about a policy, don’t hesitate to contact your advisor.

Your Advisor’s P-Card:

  • Your advisor holds a Vanderbilt P-Card that can be used to make purchases in-person, online or over the phone. It works like a normal credit card.
  • Submit a P-Card request to reserve the P-Card. You will receive a confirmation email from your advisor. If possible, try to reserve the P-Card one week in advance. There is always high demand for P-Cards, especially around busy times of the semester.
  • Return all receipts to your advisor. If making online purchases, email your receipts to your advisor as soon as you receive them.
  • The purchase will be assigned and withdrawn from your organization’s account (center) at the end of the month.

Check Requests

Check Requests are used to reimburse students and vendors.

  • Students can apply for reimbursement via check request, but must provide an invoice or receipt for the exact amount.
  • Please bear in mind that Vanderbilt does not pay taxes. Students will not be reimbursed for state sales tax.

1180 Requests

Used for any purchase or fund transfer on Vanderbilt’s campus. Email

  • For purchases on Vanderbilt’s Campus.
  • Transfers money directly from your account (center) to another university account (center).
  • Requires your advisor’s signature.


OACS Deposit Sheets (Student Group Deposit Spreadsheet) must be filled out for all deposits to your student organization account (center).

  • Only cash and checks are acceptable as deposits.
  • You will need to itemize all cash, coins, and checks.
  • Submit all cash/checks along with a completed deposit excel sheet to OACS advisor immediately. Do not keep cash on your person as this is a potential safety risk.

More on Finances

FAFSA: Free Application for Federal Student Aid

Edog: Online Transaction Ledger

  • Your treasurer and president should have access to Edog online. This is Vanderbilt’s method of tracking all financial transactions. Edog allows you to access your monthly account balance. You should keep this for your records. If you do not have Edog access, please contact your organization’s advisor as soon as possible.
  • Check the “Total Fund Balance” line for your account balance. If the number is negative, you have that amount in your account.  If the number is positive, you are in debt by that amount.
  • Read The Simple Edog Guide

Other Things to Keep in Mind

  • Provide original receipt(s) to your advisor. Always keep copies of your receipts.
  • Keep meticulous records for AcFee applications in the spring.
  • It’s wise to start the year with a budget, guided by your previous AcFee application. Track your progress monthly. Contact your advisor to help with this as-needed.
  • There are many ways to raise funds outside of AcFee. You need to know how much your activities will cost to determine how much money you will need to raise
  • Download the Tax Exemption Form Here.