2023-24 Parking Rates
2023-24 Parking and Commute Information
Members of our community have varying needs for commuting to campus, and those commute needs may change on a daily basis. To help you choose the best commute options, the university has numerous resources to customize your commute plan.
The Commute Calculator: Plug your information into the commute calculator to compare options and pricing. 2023-24 parking rates and sustainable commute incentives can be viewed through the calculator.
Commute Concierge: The Transportation & Mobility Office provides commute concierge services to help you navigate sustainable commute options to and from campus. Email MoveVU@vanderbilt.edu for more information or assistance in planning your commute.
Parking Map: An interactive parking map displays all annual parking permit, daily parking program and hourly paid parking locations to make it easier to see which options are convenient for you.
The university paused a planned increase of parking rates for the 2022-23 academic year in light of rising inflation. New rates for 2023-24 will take effect Sept. 1. Information on the new parking rates can be viewed below.
- All parking requires a parking permit or use of hourly paid parking options.
- Commuters can switch parking programs if their needs change.
- Annual parking permits for the 2023-24 academic year can be purchased later this summer.
- Vanderbilt offers a daily parking program in which participants pay to park only on days they drive to campus. Daily parking applications are accepted on a rolling basis; those received on Wednesdays by noon will have access to Terrace Place, Wesley Place, West and Sony garages by the end of the week. If you are already enrolled in daily parking, you do not need to reapply. Check your daily parking enrollment status.
- Daily parking permit holders can earn sustainable commute incentives by logging weekday carpool, vanpool, walk, bike, bus or train commutes (vehicle ownership is not required), which will be increased to $1 per day.
- All full-time and part-time VU students, faculty, staff and postdocs can ride WeGo local buses, regional buses and WeGo Star free of charge with their physical Commodore Card — at any time, for any reason.
Daily Parking Program
Available to graduate and professional students, faculty, staff and postdocs.
Locations: Terrace Place, Wesley Place, West and Sony garages. Learn more.
How it works: Participants pay to park only on days they drive to campus. Only daily parking participants have access to the daily parking facilities and are eligible for sustainable commute incentives and programs. Faculty, staff, postdocs and graduate and professional students are eligible to participate in the daily parking program. If you are already enrolled in daily parking, you do not need to reapply. View daily parking FAQs.
2023-24 Daily Parking Rate:
- $5.75 per day at Sony and Wesley Place garages
- $4.00 per day at Terrace Place and West garages
2023-24 Sustainable Commute Incentive:
- Earn $1 on weekdays when you log carpool, vanpool, bike, walk, bus or train commutes; access the Guaranteed Ride Home program.
- Vehicle ownership is not required for participation.
Annual Permit Parking
Available to all Vanderbilt community members (except first year undergraduate students; limited availability for sophomore students).
Locations: View all available lots on the parking map.
How it works: People with annual permits can park in any non-reserved parking space in an annual permit lot on campus. Annual parking is open to faculty, staff and students.
- Current annual parking permits expire on Aug. 31.
- New annual parking permits begin Sept. 1.
- Registration will open on Aug. 8 for undergraduate, graduate and professional students.
- Registration will open on Aug. 15 for faculty and staff.
Switching permits: Annual permit holders may switch to the daily parking program at any point in the year. Email email@example.com to cancel your existing annual permit before the first of the month to avoid being charged the monthly rate going forward. Daily parking access should be confirmed before cancelling annual parking permits. Dual enrollment in daily and annual parking is not allowed.
View all rate information below or use the commute calculator to see your monthly cost comparison to the daily parking program.
|2023-24 Faculty, Staff and Postdoc Annual Permit Rates|
|Salary/Stipend Band||Monthly Permit Cost|
|Band 1: <$59,999||$47|
|Band 2: $60,000-$99,999||$70|
|Band 3: $100,000-$149,999||$95|
|Band 4: $150,000>||$133|
|2023-24 Graduate and Professional Student Annual Permit Rates|
|2023-24 Undergraduate Permit Rates|
2023-24 Hourly Parking Rate
- As of July 1, rate is $8.50 per hour + $0.45 per transaction fee with the ParkMobile app
- Learn more about hourly parking.
Several lots and garages will not be available in the 2023–24 academic year due to ongoing construction on campus. Be sure to review available locations on the Interactive Parking Map and check the Campus Construction Map and the Projects Under Construction pages for more information.