Daily Parking Pilot Program
Enrollment for the current daily parking pilot through Aug. 31 is on a rolling basis. Individuals need to apply by completing the interest form by the 25th of each month to activate their parking on the 1st of the following month.
- Apply by June 25th for July 1 – Aug. 31 enrollment.
- Apply by July 25th for Aug. 1 – 31 enrollment.
Learn more about the current program on this webpage.
Vanderbilt community members interested in daily parking for the 2021-2022 academic year (starting Sept. 1) must submit an application. Enrollment for those currently in the program ends Aug. 31, and these individuals will need to submit a new application to be considered for the next academic year due to capacity constraints. Additional information on changes to the daily parking program and how to apply for enrollment for the 2021-2022 academic year (starting Sept. 1) will be announced this summer.
2020-2021 Daily Parking Pilot
Given the COVID-19 pandemic, we understand that everyone’s commute needs are different and, in response to feedback from the campus community about the desire for more commute options and flexibility when parking, we are piloting a new option in addition to the traditional annual parking permit to meet the diverse needs of members of the Vanderbilt community.
Vanderbilt launched a daily parking option for faculty*, staff, postdocs and graduate and professional students in fall 2020. Those selected for the program have access to park in the Terrace Place, Wesley Place and Sony garages and pay $3 to park only on days they drive a vehicle to campus.
Complete the Daily Parking Interest Form
Individuals wanting to join the daily parking pilot program must express interest by completing an interest form before the 25th of each month to start parking on the first of the next month (For example, fill out the interest form before Sept. 25 to start parking on Oct. 1).
Those selected for participation will be notified by the end of the month and will receive further instructions on transitioning to the daily parking program. Participants may be placed on a waitlist based on garage preference demand and changes to commute needs/remote work status related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
As a reminder, individuals who are not part of the daily parking program must purchase $5 per day hangtags or an annual permit from Parking Services in order to park on campus.
*Please note: Adjunct faculty are not eligible for the daily parking program unless on salaried payroll. When completing the interest form, please check whether you are an adjunct on salaried payroll and we will follow up with the Payroll team to confirm eligibility. Undergraduate students are not eligible for the program. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Daily Parking Rate – $3
Parking events will automatically be logged in the MoveVU Commute Hub tool when the commuter taps their Vanderbilt ID card to access one of the three garages. The daily parking rate is based on the typical university average number of days (14 days) that people are on campus in a given month (pre-COVID-19) and is comparable to the monthly parking charge for individuals with Band 1 salaries.
Parking charges will be recorded in the MoveVU Commute Hub and will be handled in the following manner:
- Faculty and staff charges will be debited consistent with current parking payroll deductions: monthly employees – reflected on monthly check; weekly and biweekly employees – reflected on second check. Please note that parking charges will be one month behind.
- Postdocs will load funds onto their Commodore Cash account to pay for parking charges. The suggested amount is $120. Postdocs will receive an email to load more funds whenever the balance goes below $60. Cards will be turned off if balance is below $60 at the start of each month. Parking charges will be debited from the Commodore Cash account. Please note that parking charges will be one month behind.
- Graduate and professional students will load funds onto their Commodore Cash account to pay for parking charges. The suggested amount per month is $60. Students will receive an email to load more funds whenever the balance goes below $30. Cards will be turned off if balance is below $15 at the start of each week. Parking charges will be debited from the Commodore Cash account. Please note that parking charges will be one week behind.
Please consult the parking announcement you received via email for more details or contact email@example.com. In addition, view the Daily Parking FAQ for responses to common questions about the program.
Vanderbilt offers a wide array of sustainable transportation options beyond driving; learn more here.