Fall 2020 Calendar
For the safety of our Vanderbilt students, faculty, staff, and invited guests, all department events will be held virtually for the fall 2020 semester.
All events will be held during Central Standard Time (CST), unless otherwise stated.
- Aug. 20, 2020, 4:00-6:00pm, MHS Master’s Orientation (2020-2021 Class)
- Aug. 21, 2020, 1:00-2:00pm, Student Advisory Board Meeting (2020-2021 Members)
- Sep. 10, 2020, 7:00pm, Prof. Odie Lindsey will perform a virtual reading of his new novel Some Go Home as part of the Vanderbilt Creative Writing Visiting Writers Series. Free online registration is required.
- Sep. 16, 2020, Prof. Aimi Hamraie will participate in a lecture and Q&A with the architecture department at Northeastern University
- Sep. 25, 2020, 11:30am, Prof. Tara McKay will present a talk and Q&A session titled, “The COVID-19 Pandemic and Sexual Behavior among Gay and Bisexual Men in the United States”
- Sep. 27, 2020, 6:00pm, Prof. Odie Lindsey will perform with song writer Mary Gauthier during a live reading and music event of his novel Some Go Home
- Sep. 28, 2020, Prof. Aimi Hamraie will give a lecture to the architecture school at the University of Kentucky
- Sep. 28, 2020, Prof Aimi Hamraie will participate on the Public Displays of Affection panel at Critical Distance in Toronto.
- Sep. 28, 2020, Prof. Aimi Hamraie will perform a live reading of contribution to their book for the Frame Contemporary Art Finland and Archive Books Rehearsing Hospitalities book party
- Oct. 6, 2020, 1:10-2:00pm, Zoom link (Passcode: 8d491x), MHS e-Colloquium with Dr. Sabrina Springs, Associate Professor of Sociology, University of California, Irvine
- Oct. 9, 2020, 11:00am EST, Prof. Laura Stark will facilitate “Dismantling White Supremacism: A Conversation and Plan of Action,” History of Science Society
- Oct. 10, 2020, 5:30pm, Prof. Odie Lindsey will appear at the Southern Festival of Books, with authors Lydia Millet and David James Poissant
- Oct. 13, 2020, 12:00-1:00pm, Zoom link (Passcode: 286106), Prof. Jonathan Metzl will present at the Health Equity Seminar Series, sponsored by the Vanderbilt Epidemiology Center.
- Oct. 27, 2020, 12:00-1:00pm, Zoom link (Passcode: 286106), Prof. Tara McKay will present at the Health Equity Seminar Series, sponsored by the Vanderbilt Epidemiology Center.
- Nov. 10, 2020, 1:10-2:00pm, Zoom link (Passcode: 8d491x), MHS e-Colloquium with Dr. Douglas Flowe, Assistant Professor of History, Washington University in St. Louis
- Nov. 12, 2020, 7:30pm-9:00pm EST, Prof. Aimi Hamraie will deliver a virtual public lecture on “Critical Access Studies” at the Harvard Graduate School of Design
- Nov. 18, 2020, 12:00-1:00pm, Prof. Laura Stark will participate in a talk with the Society of Clinical Research Associates
- Nov. 21, 2020, Prof. Aimi Hamraie will present a lecture at the Pacific Northwest College of Art
Upcoming Spring 2021 Events: