Posted by on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 in Blog.
What is leadership? That’s a pretty big question, and one with a lot of potential answers. In our office, the Leadership Excellence Philosophy Statement serves as our guiding definition but we wanted to know what some students and staff at Vanderbilt think. So at our Open House event last week, we asked. Here are some of the great thoughts people shared:
- Leadership is giving to and growing OTHERS.
- It means standing up for what you believe in.
- It is taking initiative while facilitating group ACTION and DISCUSSION.
- Leadership is helping to ensure that everyone has a brighter tomorrow.
- It brings all types of people together to empower the world.
- Leaders fight for those who don’t have a voice.
- Leadership is service.