Problems obtaining a driver’s license?
When F & J visa holders submit applications for a driver’s license, the agency must verify your immigration status in a system called SAVE. The SAVE program and SEVIS are currently experiencing difficulties. Sometimes the systems encounter technical problems or errors in a record. If you experience an issue obtaining a driver’s license, please contact ISSS for assistance.
When you contact ISSS at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-322-2753, please include the following information:
1. Family name
2. First name
3. Date of birth
4. Form I-94, “Arrival/Departure Record,” number (11 digits)
5. SEVIS ID
6. Applicant’s physical address (required), phone number (required), and e-mail
7. Address of the office where problem occurred (and the name of the official, if known)
8. Date of the latest visit to office
9. SAVE case number (if available)/ Form I-797 receipt number (if available)
10. Alien registration number (9-digit A number, if available)
11. Current driver’s license/customer number and/or DMV receipt number (if available)
12. Explanation of the issue encountered.