U.S. Immigration Agencies and Information
ISSS, USCIS, & YOU
ISSS does not work for the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS, formerly known as the INS) nor for any other part of the U.S. government. ISSS staff are trained to assist international students and scholars with immigration matters. However, the student or scholar is solely responsible for maintaining legal status.
Answers to many common questions can be found on the ISSS website (https://www.vanderbilt.edu/isss) or by reading the handouts available at ISSS. Immigration information and updates are also announced through the email listserv. Therefore, it is very important that students and scholars provide ISSS with their Vanderbilt email addresses.
Helpful Immigration Links
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Department of State (DOS)
- Foreign Embassies of Washington D.C.
- United States Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) or Immigration
- US Customs & Border Protection (CBP)
- United States Embassies and Consulates Worldwide
- US Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE)