For Degree-Seeking Students
Attention New Students
- Certain immunizations are required for all students. If you are unable to obtain them prior to arriving on campus, you can receive them from the Student Health Center. The health insurance plan offered by Vanderbilt provides coverage of most immunizations at little or no cost. For a list of required immunizations, please click here.
- It is strongly recommended that any students who need a Tuberculosis test receive one prior to arrival. To determine if the test is required, please consult the Health Questionnaire below.
- Health Questionnaire must be completed and submitted to the Student Health Center with vaccination or waiver information. If you are unable to submit the Health Questionnaire by the May 15th deadline then your registration will be put on hold until you have submitted the forms.
- Insurance coverage begins in mid-August. Students who will arrive in the U.S. early are strongly encouraged to purchase the early arrival insurance. Early Enrollment Form 2016
Gallagher Insurance through Vanderbilt
All students enrolled for 4 credits or more will be automatically signed for student health insurance with Gallagher. The insurance is charged to your student account each fall and spring semester. Coverage is for the academic year and is valid from August to August.
Insurance brochures and frequently asked questions can be found on the Student Health Center website.
If you wish to use a different insurance policy and not purchase the Gallagher insurance, you must apply for a waiver each academic year using the form below.
- Online Health Insurance Waiver Request for students who have U.S. based health insurance that meets or exceeds the Vanderbilt health insurance policy.