Welcome Check-In Requirements
What is Welcome Check-In?
All new international students and scholars are required to report to ISSS for Welcome Check-In upon arrival at Vanderbilt. The Check-in procedures consists of:
- Updating your immigration documents with ISSS. Please bring your I-20 or DS-2019, passport, visa, and I-94 printout. If you have dependents with you, bring their documents also. Retrieve your I-94 number online
- Completing the Contact Information Form with updated information. You may also complete this form prior to arriving for check-in. This address should be your current address in the U.S. (temporary addresses such as hotels or hostels are acceptable). Once permanent address has been established, please submit the form again.
- Attending a presentation that will provide useful information on how to get settled to campus and to Nashville.
- Visiting hot spots on campus to complete your Arrival Checklist if you have not yet already.
NOTE: If you decide not to attend Vanderbilt, you must return the I-20 or DS-2019 to ISSS immediately.
Welcome Check-In Hours for F-1/J-1 Students Only
Welcome Check-In is required during New International Student Orientation on the following days and is built into your schedule.
- For Graduate/Professional Students: Monday, August 14th
- For Undergraduate Students: Wednesday, August 16th
If you are arriving to campus BEFORE August 14th, you must attend Welcome Check-in during the following times:
- Information Coming Soon
- Note: Welcome Check-In lasts up to 2 hours. Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled session time.
If you are arriving to campus AFTER August 20th, please come to ISSS during walk-in hours (M-F; 1:30-3:30 pm) or schedule an appointment.
Don’t forget about mandatory Orientation!