Mandatory Immigration Check-In
Immigration Check-In Requirements
What is Mandatory Immigration Check-In?
- Updating your immigration documents with ISSS. Please bring your I-20 or DS-2019, passport, visa, and I-94 printout. If you have dependents with you, bring their documents also. Retrieve your I-94 number online
- Completing the Contact Information Form with updated information. You may also complete this form prior to arriving for check-in. This address should be your current address in the U.S. (temporary addresses such as hotels or hostels are acceptable). Once permanent address has been established, please submit the form again.
- Attending a presentation that will provide useful information on how to get settled to campus and to Nashville.
Immigration Check-In Hours for F-1/J-1 Students Only
Welcome Check-In is required during New International Student Orientation on the following days and is built into your schedule. No RSVP is required.
- For Graduate/Professional Students (not Law or Owen students): Monday, August 13th
- For Undergraduate Students: Wednesday, August 15th
If you are arriving to campus BEFORE August 13th, you must attend Immigration Check-in during the following scheduled times. Please RSVP to reserve your spot.
- View the schedule: Schedule TBA
- Reserve your spot here: TBA
- Note: You must RSVP for your desired time. Immigration Check-In lasts up to 2 hours. Bring your immigration documents with you (e.g. I-20/DS-2019, Passport, Visa, I-94 for you and for any dependents).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes to the set location before the scheduled session time.
- If you would like to walk with a staff member or student leader, please arrive at the ISSS Office in the Student Life Center, Suite 109, at least 15 minutes before the session time.
Department-specific check-in dates are not available to RSVP.
- Law Students: Thursday and Friday, July 12-13th
- Owen Students: Monday, July 9th
If you are arriving to campus AFTER August 18th, please RSVP for an available time or schedule an appointment by emailing email@example.com.
- View the schedule: TBA
- Reserve your spot: TBA
Immigration Check-In Locations
Please refer to the Immigration Check-In Schedule to see where it will be held on each offered date. Sessions will be held at either of these locations:
- Wilson Hall Lab 120: Located closest to 21st Ave., the physical address is: 111 21st Ave. S. It is located adjacent to the Kissam Center and Warren College.
- Stevenson Center Lab 200: Located inside the Stevenson Science Library and adjacent to the start of the 21st Ave bridge, the physical address is: 419 21st Ave. S
View a campus map here: https://www.vanderbilt.edu/map/