IICC Presents the Spring 2018 iDialogues Program
Office of Inclusion Initiatives and Cultural Competence is launching our Spring 2018 Idialogues Cohort!!
iDialogues is an 8-week Social Justice and inclusion development program which creates an opportunity for both undergraduate and graduate students to engage in intergroup dialogue around topics of social group identity, power dynamics, conflict, community, and justice. This program is designed for students to develop a broad and comprehensive understanding of how to become agents of social change in the context of both Vanderbilt and its surrounding communities. Students who participate in iDialogues will…
- Have an opportunity for self-exploration of their identities and how those identities affect their understanding and perceptions of the world around them.
- Gain an understanding of the foundational theories pertaining to power, privilege, and oppression in modern American society.
- Have an opportunity to deepen the level of authentic dialogue across difference within the Vanderbilt community.
- Gain practical communication and leadership tools necessary to effectively navigate multicultural communities with sensitivity, empathy, and confidence.
- Demonstrate foundational understanding of the skills and knowledge required to become an agent of social change within the Vanderbilt community and beyond.
We’re looking for passionate and motivated students who want to make a difference and engage in meaningful conversations to create change in their communities. If you or someone you know is interested please see the attached flyer and click the buttons below to learn more information and to apply. Please share this information with your membership of your organizations. Applications for the Spring 2018 Cohort are open now and will close on January 26th.
Please direct all inquiries to ReChard Peel IICC Program Coordinator at Rechard.firstname.lastname@example.org