UPCOMING VHRPP EDUCATION TOPICS
INSTRUCTOR LEAD COURSES
MARCH 21, 2018 – 2PM
LOCATION: 504 Oxford House
TOPIC: IRB Monitoring
Registration coming soon.
IRB BASICS COURSE
MAY 4, 2018 – 8:30AM – 11:30AM
LOCATION: 504 Oxford House
Registration opening soon.
This course counts towards Basic and Annual Human Subjects Training Credit.
NEWS YOU CAN USE
Updated Schedule coming soon.
Workshop sessions typically count for 1.0 Human Subjects Credit and CME credit.
How do I get credit for attendance?
Sign in for Workshop sessions are completed electronically through the Vanderbilt CME (Office for Continuous Professional Development) office at the following website or by texting the SMS code provided at the meeting to 855-776-6263.
If you do not have a CME profile:
- Access the internet with either your cell phone or computer.
- Visit https://cme.mc.vanderbilt.edu/.
- Log in using your VUnetID and password.
- Create your profile.
- For questions regarding setting up profile call 615-388-4060.
For questions contact our office at 615-322-2918.
COURSES ON DEMAND
Don’t see a current education session scheduled? If you don’t see an in-person session that will meet your schedule or, in the event we don’t have a current offering, remember that you can satisfy your human subjects training requirement using one of the following options.
Initial/Basic Human Subjects Training
- The Learning Exchange at the following link:
Click on the Basic Module if you are required to complete initial human subjects training. If you only need a Refresher course and have completed Basic choose any of the HRPP courses to complete. Only one needs to be completed for annual training.
2. A Good Clinical Practice Course.
Note: Investigators and key study personnel who are involved in NIH sponsored clinical trials are required to complete Good Clinical Practice (GCP) Training. For more information go to GCP Training
Examples of Annual Training or Recertification are:
- Online VHRPP Sessions through the Learning Exchange – VUMC Users VU Users
- In-person training (News You Can Use, Essentials, Departmental In-services.)
- An optional course through CITI Program (e.g. Good Clinical Practices or Responsible Conduct of Research). CLICK HERE for CITI Completion of the OHRP “Investigator 101” training module
- Attendance of a local, regional, or national conference regarding human subject protections
- Other training may be approved on a case by case basis if content includes human subjects protections. Approval by HRPP Manager is needed.
Instructions for VU and VUMC Investigators, Staff and Associates
As a component of a comprehensive program for the protection of human research participants, the Vanderbilt Human Research Protection Program (VHRPP) requires that all human subjects research investigators and key research personnel conducting human subjects complete initial and annual human research protections training as stated in VHRPP Policy and Procedures VIII.A and VIII.A.1.
The Investigator’s Handbooks for the Protection of Human Participants in Biomedical Research and in Social and Behavioral Research are resource manuals for researchers. These manuals will assist the Investigators in smoothly navigating the IRB process and adhering to the federal regulations and IRB policies related to human research protections. The manuals are located on the HRPP website.
Completion reports for courses taken through the CITI Program are automatically emailed to the VHRPP office with the exception of the Responsible Conduct of Research courses.
Documentation (certificate of completion) for any course outside of the CITI Program and/or the Learning Exchange should be emailed to the VHRPP at TrainingCertificates@vanderbilt.edu
For more information about the Vanderbilt Human Research Protection Programs Training Initiative please contact the VHRPP Office at 615-322-2918.