Vanderbilt-s Wellness Resource Center @ The Rec
Get started on the path to healthy living at Vanderbilt University-s Wellness Resource Center. We offer free services, programs, and resources for Vanderbilt students, faculty, and staff.
The Wellness Resource Center is dedicated to helping members of the Vanderbilt community develop and increase their awareness of every aspect of wellness. Wellness is an active process of becoming aware of and making choices toward a more successful existence. Wellness is a holistic concept involving physical, spiritual, social, emotional, intellectual, and environmental dimensions. The Wellness Resource Center is a hub for educational resources, advocacy, and programs about hundreds of wellness-related topics.
What is Wellness all about? Please check out our programs below and our website @ http://www.vanderbilt.edu/studentrec/wellness/
THE BIGGEST WINNER
Ready to lose some weight for 2012? Get fit and win $100!
What: 5 week weight loss program
When: Sept. 17th – Oct. 15
Time: Mondays 4 pm-5 pm
Register in the Office of Campus Recreation upstairs at the Student Rec Center
*Taught by Stephanie Kemp, Certified Personal Trainer
Personal Training available at the Student Recreation Center
Sign up in the Office of Campus Recreation upstairs at the Student Rec Center!
Certified Personal Trainers
Fall into Fitness: Step by Step
Sept. 5th – Nov. 7th
Registration begins Aug. 29th
~~~FREE FREE FREE FREE~~~
Join Us For-¦Fall Into Fitness!!! WIN Prizes & Have FUN!!!
· Walk/Exercise for Fun
· Walk/Exercise for Health
· Walk/Exercise for Prizes
· 1 Pedometer for signing up
· 1 T-Shirt for program completion
· 1 Extra Special Surprise for the Top 3
· Sign up in the Wellness Center in lobby of the Student Rec Center
Do you want to explore campus? Are you ready to meet new people? Are you ready to get fit but don-t know where to start?
…If you answered YES then join us for Walking Wednesdays!!!
What is Walking Wednesdays???
- Each walk will begin at a designated Building on Campus
- Each walk will last about 45 Minutes to 1 Hour
- Each Walk will begin at 4PM
- Wednesday Walk will be offered every Wednesday from Sept. 5th – Nov. 28th
- All Wednesday Walk Updates and Meeting Places will be posted to the WRC Facebook page: www.facebook.com/vanderbiltwellnesscenter
* For those participating in the Fall Into Fitness: Step by Step program through the WRC you will receive 1 extra point for every Wednesday Walk you attend!!!
The Wellness Resource Center