Visiting Faculty Program at Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Interested in a summer appointment? Consider the Visiting Faculty Program (VFP) at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL)! We are now accepting application for the 2013 Summer Program.
The deadline to apply is January 10 – apply online now at http://science.energy.gov/wdts/vfp/how-to-apply/!
ORNL is the largest science and energy laboratory in the Department of Energy system. Scientific programs focus of materials, neutron sciences, energy, high-performance computing, systems biology and national security.
Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSCdUJ8cavw to discover some exciting reasons why ORNL offers a great internship experience!For selected faculty/students, benefits of the summer VFP program include:
- Spend 10 weeks (June 3-August 9) engaged in a research project under the direction of a laboratory scientist.
- Build collaborative relationships with scientists, become familiar with DOE-sponsored programs, scientific user facility and potential funding opportunities.
- Participate in enrichment activities (workshops, laboratory tours, seminars).
- Faculty receive a total stipend of $13000 during the internship period - undergraduate students receive $500 per week during the internship period.
- Faculty, undergraduate, and graduate students receive travel reimbursement and housing allowance (for those who qualify).Contact Julie Malicoat at Julie.Malicoat@orau.org for additional information!