Visiting Faculty Program at Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Interested in a summer appointment? Consider the Visiting Faculty Program (VFP) at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL)!We are now accepting application for the 2013 Summer Program.
The deadline to apply is January 10 – apply online now at
ORNL is the largest science and energy laboratory in the Department of Energy system. Scientific programs focus of materials, neutron sciences, energy, high-performance computing, systems biology and national security.
Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSCdUJ8cavw to discover some exciting reasons why ORNL offers a great internship experience!For selected faculty/students, benefits of the summer VFP program include:
- Spend 10 weeks (June 3-August 9) engaged in a research project under the direction of a laboratory scientist.
- Build collaborative relationships with scientists, become familiar with DOE-sponsored programs, scientific user facility and potential funding opportunities.
- Participate in enrichment activities (workshops, laboratory tours, seminars).
- Faculty receive a total stipend of $13000 during the internship period - undergraduate students receive $500 per week during the internship period.
- Faculty, undergraduate, and graduate students receive travel reimbursement and housing allowance (for those who qualify).Contact Julie Malicoat at Julie.Malicoat@orau.org for additional information!