Vanderbilt Student Recreation Center
Registrations can be completed at the Office of Campus Recreation from 9am – 5 pm Mon. – Fri. All freshmen teams register by residence hall floors (contact RA). For more info call 3-8186.
Men’s and Women’s Programs Entry Date Starting Dates
Volleyball Sept. 3-7 Sept. 16
Tennis League Sept. 3 – 7 Sept. 17
Indoor Soccer Sept 10 – 14 Sept. 24
1 on 1 Basketball Sept. 17 - 21 Sept. 30
For a complete calendar of activities and more information, please check out our website at http://www.vanderbilt.edu/studentrec/intramurals/.
Smoothie King is now open in the Vanderbilt Student Recreation Center
Spin Classes @ The Rec
- Monday and Wednesday nights from 7 – 8 p.m. with Johnny
- Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 6 – 6:45 a.m. with Lindey
- Friday afternoon from 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. with Alyson
- Sunday afternoon from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. with Johnny
How to sign up for Spin
- Each participant must pick up an authorized number located at the Student Recreation Center-s Welcome Center Desk 30 minutes prior class beginning. Class size is limited to 20 participants.
- Each participant must turn in numbered card to their instructor upon entering the class. It is recommended that you be present at least 10 minutes before class starts to set up your bike.
- When all the numbered cards have been handed out at the front desk, welcome center – the class is full.
- There is NO waiting list or signup sheet.
- No one is allowed to enter class once it has begun.
What to Bring
- At least one water bottle (The bikes are equipped with two water bottle holders. NO open containers are allowed.)
- Cycling shoes / or regular workout shoes (the bikes are equipped with cycling clips).
First Aid Certification
CPR/First Aid classes will be offered:
- Sunday, September 9, 2012, 4 – 9 p.m.
- Sunday, September 30, 2012, 4 – 9 p.m.
- Sunday, October 14, 2012, 4 – 9 p.m.
- Monday, November 12, 2012, 5 – 10 p.m.
Be sure to register as soon as possible. Class size is limited to 15 participants based on first come, first served and will fill up quickly!
Cost: $120 (Payment is due at the time of registration. Please make checks payable to Vanderbilt University.)
To register, stop by the Office of Campus Recreation during office hours, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. For more information call 343-8186. No Phone Reservations. Classes are held in Classroom A & B of the Student Recreation Center.
Personal Trainers – The Office of Campus Recreation (OCR) offers Personal Trainers to its members as a fee based service in an effort to bring them closer to their health goals. The certified trainers are screened by the OCR staff to ensure a high quality of service and a commitment to the wellness philosophy.
Training times run approximately one hour. Clients and trainers do not have priority over equipment in the Weight Room. All members should demonstrate the usual courtesy when waiting for equipment by allowing people to “work in” and so on. Relay any concerns to the Weight Room worker, or to the OCR staff.
- One Hour = $50.00
- Minimum number of sessions = Three
- Maximum number of sessions = Ten (no more than 10 sessions can be purchased at one time)
- One week is given for each session. All sessions must be completed within that time frame, and the contract may be voided, and no money is refunded. For example, 5 sessions must be completed within 5 weeks of the first session.
Visit the OCR Monday through Friday, 9 am-5 pm (Second Floor of the Rec.Center). Call Becky (Spires) Budde, Assistant Director-Wellness, at 615-343-0538 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Rec Center Climbing Wall
Ever climbed before? Ever want to? The Wall is the best place to come for beginner climbing instruction, and it-s right on campus in the Vanderbilt Recreation Center. Whether you are a seasoned veteran and want to practice your moves, or you have never seen a pair of climbing shoes and are scared of heights, this is the place for you.
Experienced Outdoor Recreation employees are available to show you the ups and downs of climbing, and teach you the real love for this exhilarating sport. Climbing shoes are available at the wall to use, free of charges, so not owning your own is no excuse! Come check it out and you will wonder why you have never tried this before.
Supervised Climbing – The Wall is staffed every evening of the week (Monday - Friday) but exact hours are flexible throughout the year. The Outdoor Rec. Staff is delighted to show you how to get in the harness, climb the wall, and most importantly, get back down slowly. Just stop by whenever you see it open (i.e., the big grey cart is parked in front of the wall), check the schedule, or call (615) 343-6627 to find out times of operation for that day.
Hours: Monday – Thursday from 4 - 8 p.m.; Friday from 4 - 6 p.m. Closed on weekends.
Note: This schedule is subject to change, pending special events.
For more information about the wall contact Lee Collette at 615-322-0811 or e-mail to email@example.com.
Kayak Roll Workshops for Sept. 11, Sept. 18, Sept. 25 Student Rec Center Pool / Tuesdays from 7 - 9 PM
Learn how to kayak the quick and easy way! Kayak Roll Workshops cost $5 to Vanderbilt students and Student Recreation Center members and $15 to non Student Rec Center Members.
Each class is independent from the others. Knowledgeable kayak instructors and kayaking equipment are provided for both the workshops and the open kayaking..
To attend the Kayak Roll Workshop you must sign up by calling Lee Collette at 615-322-0811 /or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. You must call no later than 5 PM the day of the workshop to register or cancel your spot.
For more information, call the Outdoor Recreation Program at 343-8182 during rental hours (Monday and Friday from 12 – 6 p.m. and Tuesday – Thursday from 3 – 6 p.m.)
Student Recreation Facility Hours:
Mon.- Thu 5:30 a.m. – 11 p.m.
Fri 5:30 a.m. – 12 a.m.
Sat 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Sun 12 p.m. – 11 p.m.