Graduate School Students
Welcome to Vanderbilt. This website was developed to help you make a smooth transition to Vanderbilt and Nashville.
- New students in the Graduate School should have a final official transcript (showing the degree received and the date they received it) mailed directly to the Center for Data Management. We need one transcript for each institution listed in the application where a degree was earned.
Center for Data Management
2301 Vanderbilt Place
Nashville, TN 37240-7833
United States of America
- Orientation for new Graduate School students is scheduled for Monday, August 20, 2018, from 10 a.m. to noon in the Student Life Center, Main Ballroom . Please check this web page again to confirm the date and time of the event.
- Professional Schools: students in the professional schools may visit the sites of their respective schools (see Academic Links).
- For additional resources, including the New Student Orientation Program, visit the Graduate School website.
- Vicinity Map How to get to Vanderbilt from the interstates or from the airport. Includes directions to public parking.
- Campus Map Interactive map with three zoom levels. Includes a list of buildings on campus.
- Office of Traffic and Parking Where to park on campus; how to register your vehicle.
- Vanderbilt area hotels Includes links to individual hotel websites.
- Map of Vanderbilt area restaurants Everything from appetizers to zabaglioni.
- Map of Vanderbilt area shopping Includes grocery stories, malls, Target, WalMart, Home Depot and Lowes.
- Vanderbilt does not provide on-campus housing for graduate or professional students. The Off-Campus Referral Service, maintained by the Office of Housing and Residential Education, is a web-based service that brings local landlords and property managers together with Vanderbilt students, faculty, and staff. Students can search for accommodations by a variety of criteria including cost, size, distance from campus, and type of accommodation. The service is free.
For New Nashville Residents
- Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce. Website with information for new residents to Nashville
For New Students at Vanderbilt
- The Office of the Dean of Students. The umbrella for student activities, organizations, and services. Contains links to Sarratt Student Center, Student Health Center and much more.
- Student Health Center. The Center provides primary care services for all registered Vanderbilt Students regardless of their insurance coverage. Referrals for students are made through the Center for specialty care and consultation (insurance required). A referral does not guarantee coverage/payment by your insurance provider. Family members, spouses and dependents are not seen at the Student Health Center. Community providers including those at the Vanderbilt Medical Center are available for family care. A University sponsored insurance policy can be purchased to provide coverage for students, their spouses and/or their dependents.
- Dining Services. Learn about Vanderbilt's cafeterias and markets.
- Center for Teaching. The Center offers individual consultation services, group workshops, and other events to Vanderbilt graduate and professional students and post-doctoral fellows.
- Graduate Student Council. The Graduate Student Council facilitates communication between the graduate students of all Vanderbilt University academic departments and the community. The group acts as a forum and a clearinghouse for issues, discussions, and complaints.
- Commodore Card Office
- Traffic and Parking Office
- Address Change Application