DIVE Boot Camps
Offered several times per semester by experts in human-centered design thinking, Boot Camps will give you the chance to explore human-centered design and experiment with the knowledge you have gained.
The next Boot Camp will take place on November 12, 2017 from 12:30pm – 5:00pm at the Wond’ry. In this interactive and hands-on DIVE Boot Camp, we will explore the five steps of human-centered design – empathize, define, ideate, prototype, and test – with a lens towards assistive technologies. Additionally, the Boot Camp will serve as a preparatory event for TOM participants. To register online Wond’ry → Upcoming Events.
Boot Camp Facts
- All Vanderbilt community members may participate in a DIVE Boot Camp, including undergraduate students, graduate and professional students, staff, and faculty. The goal of the Boot Camps is to provide broad campus exposure to human-centered design.
- Students participating in the the Co-Curricular Projects or University Course Deep DIVE experience will participate in a Boot Camp either prior to or during their experience.
- Please email email@example.com to sign up for the DIVE list serv, learn about new DIVE opportunities, and be the first to find out about future Boot Camps.
Student Learning Outcomes
Comprehend human-centered design principles through an active learning process
- describe these steps
- recognize them when presented with examples of design processes
- distinguish between human-centered design and other approaches to design