Vanderbilt Recovery Support
Vanderbilt Recovery Support (VRS) provides a supportive and accountable community for individuals concerned about their alcohol or other drug misuse and those actively in recovery from addiction. This collegiate recovery program offers biweekly meetings, monthly seminars, and recovery housing (http://www.vanderbilt.edu/recoverysupport). Additionally, a support group for friends and family is offered.
Spring Meetings and Additional Support *Updated as of March 16, 2020
When: Every Tuesday https://zoom.us/j/834463809
Meeting ID: 834 463 809
Time: 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm CST
When: Every Thursday https://zoom.us/j/687852533
Meeting ID: 687 852 533
Time: 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm CST
*You must have the Zoom app downloaded in order to participate virtually (all VU students should have access to Zoom). The app is available for free download.
As many locations used for recovery meetings such as aftercare facilities, churches, etc. are beginning to close to assist with mitigation of coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to also provide information regarding a critical tool, In the Rooms-A Global Recovery Community:
- In The Rooms- A Global Recovery Community describe themselves as a free online recovery tool that offers 130 weekly online meetings for those recovering from addiction and related issues. They embrace multiple pathways to recovery, including all 12 Step, Non-12 Step, Wellness and Mental Health modalities.
Fall Recovery Support Meeting Schedule
In Fall and Spring semesters, Vanderbilt Recovery Support meetings take place three times a week and are open to all staff, faculty, fellows, residents, undergraduate and graduate/professional students. All meetings are held in the the Center for Student Wellbeing.
- Tuesday VRS meetings take place at 12:00pm
- Thursday Friends & Family meetings take place at 1:30pm
- Thursday VRS meetings take place at 8:00pm
Alcoholics Anonymous Meeting
Location: St. Augustine’s Chapel (Vanderbilt’s Campus), 200 24th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37212
When: Every Wednesday
Time: 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm
Narcotics Anonymous Meeting
Location: St. Augustine’s Chapel (Vanderbilt’s Campus)
When: Every Saturday
Time: 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- Please contact Katherine DrotosCuthbert at 615-343-4740 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
If you are a student in recovery feel free to get connected with the Vanderbilt Recovery Support program before arriving on campus.
Please see the below link for the Vanderbilt Recovery Support
article in The Tennessean that is currently online.
Self Help Information: 12 Step Programs
For information about Vanderbilt Recovery Support (VRS), call 615-343-4740 or send a confidential email to email@example.com.