Restricted Regions List
Restricted International Travel
Vanderbilt-sponsored travel (as defined in the Student International Travel Policy) may be restricted in countries for which one or more of the following applies:
- The U.S. State Department has issued a travel warning;
- International SOS has rated the country as High Risk or Extremely High Risk;
- The World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control or other governmental health agency has information that there are serious disease or other health hazards present that warrant suspension of travel to that country;
- The Study Abroad Risk Assessment Committee (SARAC) has determined that there are other safety concerns that warrant restriction of travel.
Student travel is restricted to the following countries/regions:
All countries currently under a U.S. Department of State Travel Warning*, listed here.
Note: Travel to Lwala and Kenya; may not require a full SARAC review. Please contact GSS
- Cuba: Faculty, staff and students who plan to travel to Cuba should contact Export Control office
- Students or student groups (including faculty-led) who wish to travel to a country referenced above must submit a “Request for Exception to Travel” to the Study Away Risk Assessment Committee (SARAC) for review. Please see the Student International Travel Policy or contact GSS for details and forms (ext. 2-3444).
Please note that locations may also be added to the list on an as-needed basis, should unexpected changes occur related to the level of risk in a country.