GSN MONDAY MAILER MARCH 21 2016

Posted by on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 in News, Uncategorized.

TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. A FEW LINKS
2. CAMPESINO ACTIVIST KILLED IN PETEN DEFENDING LAND RIGHTS- YOUR SUPPORT IS NEEDED (SEE JPEG ABOVE) 
3. EXPERT WITNESS NEEDED IN LGBT CASE

___________________________________________________________

1. A FEW LINKS

3. EXPERT WITNESS NEEDED IN LGBT CASE

From: Carolina Duvanced <carolina.duvanced@laverne.edu>

I am a second-year law student at the University of La Verne College of Law, and I am part of the Justice and Immigration Clinic (JIC). My partner and I are representing an asylum applicant pro bono under the supervision of the Director of the JIC, Diane Uchimiya. We are writing because we are seeking a country condition expert on Guatemala to provide some guidance and a written statement to be filed in support of our client's asylum application.

Our client is from Guatemala, was born male, but identifies as female. She has suffered numerous incidents of sexual assault and rape since childhood. We are contacting you because we need some guidance on how homosexuals, transgender people, and people who are HIV positive, are treated in Guatemala. If you have expertise regarding these matters, please let us know if you are interested and available to serve as a country expert. If you are not available, I would appreciate if you can provide any contact information of a country expert with knowledge of the treatment of the LGBT community in Guatemala.  I appreciate your time and hope to hear from you soon.  
Sincerely,