Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
Founded on November 17, 1911, at Howard University in Washington, D.C., Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. is the first international fraternal organization to be founded on the campus of a historically black college. Our motto is “Friendship is Essential to the Soul.” The Theta Beta Chapter was chartered on March 1, 1971 by twelve undergraduate students making us the first historically African American fraternity here at Vanderbilt University. Theta Beta continues to produce strong Men of Omega geared towards upholding the Fraternity’s cardinal principles of Manhood, Scholarship, Perseverance, and Uplift. The progressive thinking of our Founders, the late Edgar A. Love, Oscar J. Cooper, Frank Coleman, and Ernest E. Just, inspires the men of Theta Beta continue to serve on campus through academic excellence and community initiative.
- Nickname: Ques
- Founded: November 17, 1911
- Local Chapter Founded: Theta Beta on March 1, 1971
- Colors: Royal Purple & Old Gold
- Flower: White Carnation
- Public Motto: Friendship is Essential to the Soul
- Philanthropy: NAACP
- Signature Events: Que-Delta BBQ, Annual Talent Show, Annual Omega Week
- Things We’re Proud of: First African American Greek Lettered organization on the campus of Vanderbilt University
- National Website: www.oppf.org
- Local Website: https://anchorlink.vanderbilt.edu/organization/omegapsiphi
Karlin Compton, President
Brandon Sands, Vice PresidentMailing Address:
2301 Vanderbilt Pl.
Nashville, TN 37235-1522