Founded in 1855, Sigma Chi is one of the oldest and largest college fraternities with 237 chapters throughout North America. The fundamental purpose of the Sigma Chi Fraternity is the cultivation, maintenance and accomplishment of the ideals of friendship, justice, and learning within our membership. At Vanderbilt, Sigma Chi prides itself on having leaders throughout campus and being actively involved within the community. Sigma Chi’s most notable philanthropic endeavor is Derby Days, which is an annual 3-day sorority competition to raise money and awareness for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The chapter has raised over $100,000 in recent years for LLS!!
- Nickname: Sigma Chis or Sigs
- Address: 2420 Vanderbilt Place
- Founded: Miami University, 1855
- Local Chapter Founded: Alpha Psi, 1891
- Number of Chapters: 230
- Colors: Blue & Old Gold
- Philanthropy: Children’s Miracle Network
- Local Website:
- National Website: www.sigmachi.org
2301 Vanderbilt Pl.
Nashville, TN 37235-1544