Program Budget Sheets
Sciences Po (Institut d'Etudes Politiques)
Budget Sheet for Fall 2019
Total Estimated Cost to Study Abroad: $36,715
Cost to remain at Vanderbilt: $36,574
The estimated total cost includes all aspects of the study abroad experience. Tuition, housing, meals, airfare, visa fees, books/supplies, local transportation, and personal expenses are included in this estimate. These fees may be paid to Vanderbilt or to third parties; see the estimates for each of these categories below.This program is estimated to cost $141 more than a semester on campus at Vanderbilt. Need-based financial aid awards may be increased to meet higher estimated costs. Whether or not students receive need-based aid, they may click here to request a financial review from the Office of Student Financial Aid.
Fees Paid to Vanderbilt University
Students pay Vanderbilt tuition for each term abroad (read more). Fees paid to Vanderbilt University will be typically be billed according to the Office of Student Account's regular schedule for the term. Any Vanderbilt financial aid you normally receive will be automatically applied to your account, as it is when you are on campus (except for work study, which cannot be used abroad).
|Total Paid to Vanderbilt||$25,650|
Estimated Out of Pocket Costs
These are the fees GEO estimates you will pay to parties other than Vanderbilt. These may be paid to the program partner, to airlines, foreign governments, retailers, and/or other parties.
|Total Paid Out of Pocket||$11,065|
Included in fees paid to Vanderbilt University: Sciences Po tuition and welcome program are covered by your Vanderbilt tuition payment. The administrative fee covers Vanderbilt's international health insurance. Housing and meals are not included in the fees paid to Vanderbilt and will be paid directly to Sciences Po or to third parties.
Please note the following regarding the estimated out-of-pocket costs listed above:
- Enrollment is offered via a direct exchange agreement. Students will pay housing, university fees, and meal costs directly to the host university or to third parties.
- Vanderbilt tuition covers the tuition fee for Science Po's optional Welcome Program and GEO encourages all students to attend.
- Some students may be required to make a personal appearance at a consulate in order to secure their travel visa, and should budget both time and money for that in the months before they depart.
- Visa costs and requirements may vary depending on your nationality.
- The estimate for personal expenses is based on the Vanderbilt campus activity/rec fee and personal costs estimate, with adjustments based on local cost of living, length of program, and exchange rates. This amount is expected to allow for entertainment and participation in cultural activities, but does not include extensive personal travel. Also included in GEO's personal expenses estimate is VU's standard estimate for maintaining health insurance in your home country in case of medical emergency.
- Students are required to purchase French national health insurance (sécurité sociale) and to pay a student life and campus contribution, both of which are included in the personal costs estimated here.
- Our local cost estimates are based on a rate of 1.12 Euros to the dollar.
- Airfare costs are highly variable and influenced by a number of factors, so we recommend making your own estimates based on your personal travel plans.
- There may be predeparture costs associated with health checks, vaccination, prescriptions, etc. These costs will vary individually.
This program is estimated to cost more than a semester on campus at Vanderbilt. Need-based financial aid awards may be increased to meet higher estimated costs. Whether or not students receive need-based aid, they may click here to request a financial review from the Office of Student Financial Aid.