Program Budget Sheets
CIEE Open Campus: Sydney
Budget Sheet for Fall 2022
Total Estimated Cost to Study Abroad: $41,699
Cost to remain at Vanderbilt: $42,196
The estimated total cost includes all aspects of the study abroad experience. Tuition, housing, meals, airfare, visa fees, books/supplies, local transportation, and personal expenses are included in this estimate. These fees may be paid to Vanderbilt or to third parties; see the estimates for each of these categories below.This program is estimated to cost $497 less than a semester on campus at Vanderbilt.
Fees Paid to Vanderbilt University
Students pay Vanderbilt tuition for each term abroad (read more). Fees paid to Vanderbilt University will be typically be billed according to the Office of Student Account's regular schedule for the term. Any Vanderbilt financial aid you normally receive will be automatically applied to your account, as it is when you are on campus (except for work study, which cannot be used abroad).
|Total Paid to Vanderbilt||$29,894|
Estimated Out of Pocket Costs
These are the fees GEO estimates you will pay to parties other than Vanderbilt. These may be paid to the program partner, to airlines, foreign governments, retailers, and/or other parties.
|Total Paid Out of Pocket||$11,805|
Included in fees paid to Vanderbilt University: CIEE educational costs are covered by your Vanderbilt tuition payment. The Vanderbilt program fee covers CIEE's health insurance, participation confirmation, and application fees. CIEE will bill you directly for housing and meal plan, as applicable. The administrative fee covers Vanderbilt's mandatory international health insurance. Vanderbilt's Program Fee is subject to change and will always reflect the actual amount charged to us by our partners. This may result in additional credits or charges to your student account after the amount shown is billed. Please see the partner's currently published fees to check on the fees charged by the partner (start here).
Please note the following regarding the estimated out-of-pocket costs listed above:
- Students attending this program in the fall will receive a flight reimbursement scholarship of up to $1000 from CIEE, OR a GAIN grant scholarship. All students must submit a need-based scholarship application for consideration.
- The CIEE Open Campus program allows students to move between locations for the three academic blocks of the semester, but does not require that they do so. This budget sheet assumes you will spend all three blocks at this site. We have a separate worksheet to help you estimate the cost of designing a multi-site experience.
- Vanderbilt students must attend all three blocks of CIEE Open Campus programs.
- Students will pay CIEE directly for housing and meals, where applicable. Tuition, application, insurance, and confirmation fees will be paid through Vanderbilt.
- The estimate for Books and Supplies includes a sum for required COVID testing to return to the United States.
- Visa costs and requirements may vary depending on your nationality.
- The estimate for personal expenses is based on the Vanderbilt campus Student Service Fees and Personal Costs estimates, with adjustments based on local cost of living, length of program, and exchange rates. This amount is expected to allow for entertainment and participation in cultural activities, but does not include extensive personal travel. Also included in GEO's personal expenses estimate is VU's standard estimate for maintaining health insurance in your home country in case of medical emergency.
- Airfare costs are highly variable and influenced by a number of factors, so we recommend making your own estimates based on your personal travel plans.
- There may be predeparture costs associated with health checks, vaccination, prescriptions, etc. These costs will vary individually.