Skip to main content

Contracts FAQs

Who is authorized to sign contracts on behalf of the University?
The Board of Trust is empowered by law to act on behalf of the University and has delegated certain authority to the Chancellor and through him to other officials. The Board has approved a document describing who at Vanderbilt has the authority to enter into certain kinds of contracts on behalf of the University.

How can I go about selecting a vendor?
The Purchasing Office can advise you about how to select a vendor in compliance with University policy.

How can I get my contract reviewed?
If you are in the Medical Center, submit your contract to the VUMC Contracts Administration office. If you are not in VUMC, contact Nora Brandon in our office who can advise you about getting assistance in the contracting process.