Reporting an Incident
All reasonable steps will be taken to safeguard privacy and, when possible, preserve confidentiality. You can use the resource lists at the bottom of this page (for students and for employees) for available confidential and private resources, as well as those who may be subject to reporting obligations. In certain circumstances, federal and state laws may limit the level of confidentiality that can be maintained. It is always a good idea to review a resource’s confidentiality level before sharing the details of your concern. In special situations, reporting may be required. Learn more about guidance on identifying and supporting students in distress.
- Project Safe Center for Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Response
- 24-Hour Crisis/Support Hotline: 615-322-7233
- Vanderbilt University Title IX and Student Discrimination Office
- Vanderbilt University Office of Equal Employment Opportunity
- Vanderbilt University Police Department
- Emergency: 615-421-1911
- Non-emergency: 615-322-2745
- EthicsPoint Reporting Form
- Student of Concern Reporting Form
- University Online Incident Reporting Form
Visit the Project Safe Center for Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Response website for additional information on resources and support available. The university has also compiled a comprehensive list of resources, confidentiality level and contact information in the documents linked below.
- For Students: One-page resource list on Vanderbilt’s Sexual Misconduct Support and Resources
- For Employees: One-page resource list of Vanderbilt’s Sexual Misconduct Support and Resources