Resources available to staff members
Visit the Project Safe Center for Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Response’s advocacy webpage for additional resources, and information on confidentiality regarding any of the resources listed below.
- Project Safe Center for Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Response: this center provides a broad array of resources and programs for staff members on issues related to gender harassment, sexual harassment, sexual assault, intimate partner violence, and other forms of sexual misconduct including workshops on reporting and responding, trainings on how to identify students in distress, information on how to support survivors of sexual and intimate partner violence, customized programs and more.
- Work/Life Connections-EAP: this program provides counseling, as well as support for crisis situations and critical incident stress management interventions.
- Vanderbilt’s University Chaplain and affiliated chaplains: the chaplains offers pastoral counseling and spiritual care services. Call 615-322-2457 for more information.
- Equal Employment Opportunity: this office provides information on complaint procedures.
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center Emergency Department: the VUMC emergency department offers 24/7 car, including the forensic examination conducted by a sexual assault nurse examiner (sometime called a “SANE exam” or “rape kit”).
- Policies governing Vanderbilt’s investigative and accountability processes:
- Sexual Misconduct and Intimate Partner Violence Policy in the Student Handbook
- Campus SaVE Act Policy for Faculty, Staff, Postdoctoral Fellows or Trainees.
- The Human Resources Anti-Harassment Policy.
- The Workplace Violence Policy.
- The Protection of Minors Policy.
- The Relationships in the Workplace Policy.