Home » All students, faculty and staff asked to conserve water
All students, faculty and staff asked to conserve water
All are asked to conserve water at work and at home in wake of flooding
One of Metro Nashville’s two water treatment plants has shut down due to the recent flooding. As of May 13, Metro city is asking all residents to reduce their water use to 70 percent of normal levels.
Vanderbilt is asking students, faculty and staff to conserve water at work and at home.
Here are some simple water conservation tips:
- Don’t wash dishes in running water – put soapy water and rinse water in the sink.
- Only run the dishwasher when it is full. Don’t scrape dishes in running water.
- Take showers instead of baths, or take shorter showers than usual.
- Only wash clothes and linens if they are soiled. Then completely fill the washer before running a load.
- Turn the water off when brushing teeth or shaving.
- Don’t wash cars or water lawns and plants.
- Reuse towels.