Graduate/Professional Award Guide
It is important for you to read the information contained in this guide which is designed to help you understand your academic year educational expenses and the financial aid resources available to you to help meet those expenses. Our office will communicate with you through your official Vanderbilt.edu email account. Please promptly respond to all requests from our office to avoid delays in fund disbursement.
Your Financial Aid Award
You will view your initial and revised financial aid award through YES . The Financial Aid link in YES contains your complete financial aid offer, cost of attendance, your Checklist(s), and anticipated aid disbursement information.
- If you wish to reduce or decline any financial aid award listed please email Financial Aid indicating the aid to cancel or the revised amount you would like to retain.
- If you are receiving additional financial aid assistance not listed on your financial aid award please complete the Outside Resources and Scholarship form and return to our office. Please review the details on that form on how to remit those payments to Vanderbilt.
- You must inform our office if you enroll or drop below full-time status in any semester. A reduction of financial aid may be necessary due to part-time status or if you withdraw from the university. The award revisions will be in accordance to relevant financial aid program policies and regulations.
- The Office of Student Accounts issues E-bills and receives payments.
- Please complete the Student Permissions form in the Student Accounts portal under Campus Finances link in YES. This allows you to use any Title IV funding your are awarded for discretionary charges beyond tuition and fees.
- You must reapply for federal financial aid every year by submitting a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Standards
- Additional Consumer Information is available.
Please check your Checklist(s) located in YES in the Financial Aid Link. Submit all required documentation. Loans will not be disbursed until all required documents are complete.
When funds credit to your student account, this certifies that you understand and will comply with the requirements and conditions described in this guide and provided on the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarship website .