Graduate/Professional Award Guide
It is important for you to read the information contained in this guide. Our office will communicate with you through your official Vanderbilt.edu email account. Please promptly respond to all requests from our office to avoid delays in fund disbursement.
Your Financial Aid Award
You may view your financial aid award through YES. The Financial Aid link displays your financial aid offer, cost of attendance, your Checklist(s), and anticipated aid disbursements.
- If you wish to reduce or decline any financial aid listed please email Financial Aid indicating the aid to cancel or the revised amount you would like to retain.
- Report any other assistance (scholarships, loans, tuition benefits, vocational rehabilitation benefits, etc) no included in YES. Your aid may be adjusted if additional assistance exceeds your demonstrated financial need and/or overall cost of attendance. Please complete the Outside Resources and Scholarship form to report additional aid. Please review the details on that form on how to remit those payments to Vanderbilt.
- Your financial aid may be reduced if your semester enrollment changes. If a reduction of financial aid is necessary due to dropping credit hours or totally withdrawing from the university the award revisions will be in accordance to relevant program requirements.
- The Office of Student Accounts issues electronic bills and receives all payments.
- Upon acceptance of the terms and conditions stated in the electronic Student Account Agreement form (required), you are authorizing the crediting of all federal Title IV funds to your student account for both direct and discretionary charges. These charges include, but are not limited to direct costs (tuition and fees) and discretionary charges (health insurance, parking fee, fines, etc.). If you choose to not have federal funds applied toward discretionary charges, please contact the Office of Student Accounts to update your authorization.
- You must reapply for federal financial aid every year by submitting a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Standards must be met to maintain financial aid eligibility.
- Additional Consumer Information is available.
Please review your Checklist(s) located in YES in the Financial Aid link. Submit all required documentation. Loans will not be disbursed until all required documents are complete. A green checkmark indicates completed!
When funds credit to your student account, this certifies that you understand and will comply with the requirements and conditions described in this guide, on your loan promissory notes, and provided on the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarship website.