Welcome to Vanderbilt! We are so excited that your family has joined the Vanderbilt community.
Over the summer, our office sent two dedicated emails to transfer families, each with important information about your student’s upcoming arrival on campus.
You may read them here:
- July 6 Transfer Parent Commodore Connection
- Next email: August 3
Below you will find important links and answers to frequently asked questions.
Parent Helpline: 1.877.887.2736 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Preparing for Move-In Day: August 19, 2016
Move-in and related activities take place beginning at 1:00 pm on Friday, August 19. Students will be able to check in and pick up their key in the Art Studio Circle (Outside the Student Life Center). Below is a tentative list of activities during this busy weekend. Parents and family members are welcome at events unless otherwise noted.
Friday, August 19
- Receive Commodore Card and room key
- Move into residence hall
- 7-8pm Meet and Greet with Transfer Student Orientation Leader
Saturday, August 20
- 12:00pm – 2:00pm Welcome New Commodores Lunch BBQ (Transfer Students & their families are all welcome) Student Life Center Ballroom
- 2:30pm – 4:30pm Departmental Fair
- 4:45pm-5:45pm Guided Campus Tours given by Transfer Student Orientation Leaders
- 7:00pm – 9:30pm Transfer Orientation Social (Students Only) Adventure Science Museum
- Admissions: Admitted Students Page
- Housing Website
- ResNet (ITS) Website
- Student Health Forms
- Student Accounts
- What to Bring to Campus
Important Dates for Fall Semester 2016
- August 19: Transfer student move-in begins at noon.
- August 21: Upperclass residence halls open for returning students at 9 a.m.
- August 24: First day of class
- September 23-25: Family Weekend
- October 13-14: Fall Break
- October 22-24: Homecoming
- November 19: Residence halls close at 9 a.m. for Thanksgiving holidays
- November 27: Residence halls re-open at 9 a.m.
- December 8: Last day of classes for fall semester
- December 9-17: Reading days and examinations
- December 18: Residence halls close at 9 a.m. for winter break