To be completed before Move-In Day:
- Send a final high school transcript to the admissions office—the date of graduation must be clearly indicated.
- Bookmark The Ingram Commons website for New Student Information.
- Create your VUnetID. Students will receive an email from the Registrar’s Office sent to the address on file in MyAppVU no later than April 2 directing them to set up their VUnetID.
- Once your student has set up a VUnetID, they should check their VU Gmail regularly for important information from Vanderbilt, including bills that will be sent in July.
- Prepare health and immunization forms: This might require contacting your health care provider. The State of Tennessee and Vanderbilt University require certain immunizations for all students. All incoming students must complete a Student Health Immunization Requirements Form or submit other official forms of immunization documentation. In addition, students must complete a Tuberculosis Assessment Survey and testing, if applicable. We recommend these health forms be submitted to the Student Health Center by May 15 for compliance review. Students who are not in compliance with these regulations will not be allowed to register for fall courses(in early June).
- Keep an eye out for information on academic advising. Academic advising is offered through the school or college in which your student is enrolled. In late May, students will receive a registration packet from their school or college with detailed instructions about the registration process and academic advising. Conversations between students and their advisers will take place via phone in June.
- Parents—please update your contact information to ensure you are receiving any applicable communication from the Parents and Family Programs office.