Class of 2023 Parents
Welcome to Vanderbilt! We are excited that your family will be joining the Vanderbilt community.
Important summer information
- View a list of action items to be completed before Move-In Day
- View a list of what you and your student will receive from Vanderbilt in the coming months
- The Move-In 2019 Schedule will be coming soon
Important dates for fall 2019
- August 17: First-Year student move-in begins at 7 a.m.
- August 17-25: New Student Orientation (CommonVU)
- August 18: Upperclass residence halls open at 9 a.m.
- August 21: First day of class
Move-in Day activities
A full move-in and orientation schedule will be mailed to your student from the Housing Office and emailed to you later this summer. Move-in and related activities for parents and families take place from 7 a.m. on Saturday, August 17, through noon on Sunday, August 19. You will be informed of your specific move-in time in the housing notification packet you will receive around August 1. The following is a tentative list of activities during this busy weekend.
Saturday, August 17
• Receive Commodore Card and room key
• Meet faculty head of house and residential staff
• Resource and information fair
• Parent/student meetings with school deans
• Various information sessions
• House dinners
• Mandatory floor meetings (students only)
Sunday, August 18
• Dean’s reception and farewell breakfast
• Parents and family orientation session
• Orientation and activities continue for students after departure of family members
Planning your travel
We recommend that you plan to arrive on Friday evening, August 16, to prepare for move-in on Saturday morning. Parents are encouraged to depart on Sunday, August 18, around 1pm.
- Admissions: Admitted Students Page
- First Year Housing FAQ
- Housing Website
- Ingram Commons
- International Student & Scholar Services
- ResNet (ITS) Website
- Shipping items to campus
- Student Accounts
- Student Health Forms
- The Road to Vanderbilt 2019
- Vanderbilt Admissions Blog
- What to Bring to Campus
First-Year Parent Commodore Connection (e-newsletter) series
We will be sending a series of emails over the summer each with important information about your student’s upcoming arrival to campus. They will also be available for you to view here:
2019 First-Year Parent Commodore Connection.
- July 2019: Parents and Families – Keeping your Vanderbilt student healthy and well.
- June 2019: Parents and Families – Help your Vanderbilt student prepare for arrival!
- May 2019: Parents and Families – Welcome to The Ingram Commons!