Class of 2022 Parents
Welcome to Vanderbilt! We are excited that your family will be joining the Vanderbilt community.
Important summer information
- View a list of action items to be addressed between April 1 and June 1.
- View a list of what you and your student will receive from Vanderbilt in the coming months.
- Move-In 2018 Schedule: Coming Soon!
- Watch the video below to learn more about the Ingram Commons and meet Dean Vanessa Beasley.
- Admissions: Admitted Students Page
- Housing Website
- Housing and Move-in FAQ
- Ingram Commons
- ResNet (ITS) Website
- Shipping items to campus
- Student Accounts
- Student Health Forms
- The Road to Vanderbilt 2017
- Vanderbilt Admissions Blog
- What to Bring to Campus
Important Dates for Fall Semester 2018
- August 18: First-Year student move-in begins at 7 a.m.
- August 18-26: New Student Orientation (CommonVU)
- August 19: Upperclass residence halls open at 9 a.m.
- August 22: First day of class
Move-in Day—August 18
A tentative schedule will be available soon. Please refer to last year’s Move-In Weekend schedule to get an idea of what the weekend entails. A full move-in and orientation schedule will be mailed to your student from the Housing Office and emailed to you later this summer. Move-in and related activities for parents and families take place from 7 a.m. on Saturday, August 18, through noon on Sunday, August 19. You will be informed of your specific move-in time in the housing notification packet you will receive around August 1.
Planning your travel
We recommend that you plan to arrive on Friday evening, August 17, to prepare for move-in on Saturday morning. Parents are encouraged to depart on Sunday, August 19, around 2pm.
First-Year Parent Commodore Connection (e-newsletter) series
We will be sending a series of 7 emails over the summer each with important information about your student’s upcoming arrival on campus. View the archives from last summer here:
- May 4: Welcome to the Ingram Commons
- May 18: Academic Support Services at Vanderbilt
- June 1: Student Wellness
- June 15: Living on Campus
- July 6: Move In Day and Business Services
- July 20: Vanderbilt Visions and CommonVU
- August 3: Outside the Classroom, Co-curricular Activities