Class of 2021 Parents
Welcome to Vanderbilt! We are excited that your family will be joining the Vanderbilt community.
Click here to view a list of ACTION ITEMS that students need to address between April 1 and June 1.
View a list of what you and your student will receive from Vanderbilt this summer.
We will be sending a series of 7 emails over the summer each with important information about your student’s upcoming arrival on campus. To receive our emails, please be sure to sign up for the First-Year Parent Commodore Connection (e-newsletter) series.
View the archives from last summer here:
- May 4: Welcome to the Ingram Commons
- May 18: Academic Support Services at Vanderbilt
- June 1: Student Wellness
- June 15: Living on Campus
- July 6: Move In Day and Business Services
- July 20: Vanderbilt Visions and CommonVU
- August 3: Outside the Classroom, Co-curricular Activities
Below you will find important links and answers to frequently asked questions.
Parent Helpline: 1.877.887.2736 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Road to Vanderbilt — Coming Soon!
- Ingram Commons
- Admissions: Admitted Students Page
- Vanderbilt Admissions Blog
- Housing Website
- ResNet (ITS) Website
- Student Health Forms
- Student Accounts
- What to Bring to Campus
Important Dates for Fall Semester 2017
- August 19: First-Year student move-in begins at 7 a.m.
- August 19-27: New Student Orientation (CommonVU)
- August 20: Upperclass residence halls open at 9 a.m.
- August 23: First day of class
Move-in Day—August 19
A full move-in and orientation schedule will be mailed to your student from the Housing Office and emailed to you later this summer. Move-in and related activities for parents and families take place from 7 a.m. on Saturday, August 20, through noon on Sunday, August 20. You will be informed of your specific move-in time in the housing notification packet you will receive around August 1.
Planning your travel
We recommend that you plan to arrive on Friday evening, August 18, to prepare for move-in on Saturday morning. Parents are encouraged to depart on Sunday, August 20, around 3pm.