The Career Center provides ongoing opportunities for students to learn about and explore professional opportunities, including career coaching, workshops, career panels, career fairs, graduate school advising, field trips, and more. Please visit us anytime during your time at Vanderbilt and take advantage of all we have to offer!
Here are some key steps to helping your student get started on the right path:
- Encourage engagement with the Career Center as soon as possible! Internship and job recruitment starts earlier than you think. Some industries are on an accelerated timeline. For example, in finance, one should begin their search during the sophomore year (for an internship during the summer before senior year). We recommend connecting with Career Coaches during a student’s first year on campus. First-Year Career Coaches have space at The Ingram Commons for weekly drop-in hours. Locations and hours for drop-ins can be found on the Center’s website.
- Encourage your student to completely fill out their profiles in DoreWays (the Career Center’s online resource where they can learn about and connect to professional opportunities on and off-campus). DoreWays is also the portal where companies can post opportunities and find potential candidates for internships and jobs.
Picture Your Career
Packed with dozens of interactive exercises from Dr. Kate Brooks & Grace Foy of Vanderbilt University’s Career Center, this guidebook will help you:
- Develop your vision and discover possible career trajectories
- Discover your talents and understand how they help you in the workplace
- Get organized and set goals for your future
- Complete inner work such as managing emotions and anxiety
- Explore possibilities in your career field
- Conduct a job search with practical tips on networking, interviewing, and resumes
Career fairs provide employers a fantastic opportunity to meet thousands of talented Vanderbilt undergraduates. Our video-enabled virtual career fairs will include 1:1 conversations and group chats. Students can look at registered employers by logging in to their DoreWays account.
In September 2020, the Career Center will host 2 virtual career fairs:
- Recommended Online Resources
- Vandy in Career Communities
- Identity Groups
- Parent & Family Information
How you can help
Please use the link below to access a form that can connect your company’s internship and job opportunities with the Career Center’s career management system, DoreWays.
Of particular interest and need are internships and job opportunities in the following industries:
Advertising, Public Relations
Social & Human Services
Biotech / Pharmaceutical
Publishing / Journalism
For a listing of industries and job functions from the Career Center click here.