Family Weekend Important Information
All Vanderbilt parents, grandparents, and siblings are invited to Family Weekend set for Friday, Sept. 9, through Sunday, Sept. 11. We have many special activities planned for students and their families.
Please read through this important information and helpful suggestions for your visit. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration and cost
- We encourage you to register before Sept. 9, but onsite registration will be available.
- The cost is $50 per person (waived for Vanderbilt students and children 12 and younger).
- Football tickets incur an additional charge.
- We do not want financial hardship to prohibit anyone from attending Family Weekend. If you need assistance, please submit the required form at vu.edu/fwhardship, and we will contact you.
- Late fees/cancellations
- On-site registration will open at 9 a.m. on Sept. 9 in the Student Life Center Board of Trust Room, 310 25th Ave. S.
- A $10 per person on-site fee will be charged in addition to the $50 registration fee.
- If you must cancel your registration, please do so by Friday, Sept. 2, at 5 p.m. CT. No refunds will be made past September 2.
Download the Vanderbilt Campus Guidebook app
We highly encourage you to download the new Vanderbilt Campus Guidebook app! It will be your one-stop shop for everything Family Weekend, including a complete schedule, campus map, important contact information, FAQs and more. You can even design a personalized itinerary based on your interests. The app will also send you alerts if any last-minute changes take place, such as weather contingencies. Be sure to “allow notifications” to receive information and reminders during the weekend.
The app is available on the Apple iOS App Store and the Google Play Store. You can find the app through those two links, or by searching for “Vanderbilt Campus Guidebook.” If you don’t have access to either of those platforms, a “lite” version can also be accessed as a website. Once downloaded, look for Family Weekend 2022 in the “Find Guides” search field.
Where to stay
Click here for a comprehensive list of hotels near Vanderbilt.
What to bring
All events are informal; comfortable walking shoes are a must. Bring your confirmation email with your QR code to get your name tags.
Name tags are required for admittance to events. Vanderbilt students need a name tag as well. Please be sure to register your student!
When you arrive
- Be sure to check in for Family Weekend in the Board of Trust Room of the Student Life Center, 310 25th Ave. S., to pick up your weekend packet and the most up-to-date schedule for the weekend. Name tags are your admittance to all events. Check-in and new registration times are Friday, Sept. 9, 9 a.m.–6 p.m.
- If you haven’t already checked in to pick up your name tags on Friday, you can do during the pre-game tailgate on Purdy Field: Saturday, Sept. 10, 8:30–11 a.m.
Please visit https://www.vanderbilt.edu/map/ for a map of campus.
With limited parking available on campus, ridehail is a great option to get to and from campus.
Ridehail services like Uber and Lyft can be used on campus. We recommend using the following pick-up/drop-off locations during the weekend:
- The Student Life Center, 310 25th Ave S., for Registration & Check-In
- 1401 18th Ave. S. on the Peabody campus for Fall for the Arts
- 2700 Children’s Way, Purdy Field for the Tailgate
- The Student Life Center, 310 25th Ave S.
Please note that if a specific parking space is marked as reserved in any lot, you cannot park there. There will be limited parking available on campus. We highly recommend you use a ridehail service to come to campus. If you choose to drive and park, here are your options:
- A limited amount of parking will be available on Friday and Sunday at the 25th Avenue garage. Please enter off the Highland entrance, 2401 Highland Ave, Nashville, TN 37212. Parents are welcome to park in any non-reserved spot in the 25th Avenue garage. Shuttles will continuously travel between the 25th Avenue Garage and the Student Life Center.
- 25th Avenue Garage on Google Maps
- Parking is available in lots near Vanderbilt Stadium. Single game parking is available when purchasing tickets through vucommodores.com. Parking passes may also be purchased, based on availability when entering the lots on game days. Please click here for more information about game day parking.
- Parking Suggestions
- West Garage
- Across the street from Tailgate
- 25th Garage
- Closer to Vanderbilt Stadium but farther from Tailgate
- West Garage
- A limited amount of parking will be available at the 25th Avenue garage. Please enter off the Highland entrance, 2401 Highland Ave, Nashville, TN 37212. Parents are welcome to park in any non-reserved spot in the 25th Avenue garage. Shuttles will not be provided on Sunday.
Shuttle Stops (9 a.m. – 8 p.m.)
- 25th Ave / Highland Intersection
- Student Life Center
- Fine Arts Circle, behind E. Bronson Ingram (2 p.m. – 6 p.m.)
- The final pickup from Peabody will be at 8:15 p.m.
Shuttle stops will be marked. The motor coaches are ADA-compliant.
Family Weekend is a perfect time to connect with student services and academic departments. Contact offices directly to schedule an appointment during regular business hours on Friday, Sept. 9. To meet with your student’s academic adviser, your student should contact the professor at least two weeks before Family Weekend to schedule an appointment.
|College of Arts and Science||615-322-2844|
|Blair School of Music||615-322-7651|
|School of Engineering||615-343-3773|
|Financial Aid||800-288-0204 or 615-322-3591|
|Housing and Residential Experience||615-322-2591|
|University Counseling Center||615-322-2571|
|Student Accounts||800-288-1144 or 615-322-6693|
- Wheelchairs can be reserved when registering online. Requests made after Friday, Aug. 26, cannot be guaranteed.
- If you requested a wheelchair when you registered for Family Weekend, you may pick it up at check-in at Student Life Center, Board of Trust Room. Wheelchairs may be returned to the Board of Trust room on Friday or at the Student Life Center information desk on Saturday or Sunday. All wheelchairs must be returned by 11:00 a.m. Sunday, September 11.
- Accessible Parking
- Accessible parking is available in any marked location with a handicap tag.
- For information on Vanderbilt’s accessible parking, visitor parking locations, event parking requests and alternative transportation, please contact the Office of Traffic and Parking at (615) 322-2554 or visit their website at http://www.vanderbilt.edu/traffic_parking/.
- ADAA Accessibility Map
- An ADAA Accessibility Map of Vanderbilt can be found at http://cpc-fis.vanderbilt.edu/pdf/Accessible.pdf.
Football ticket information
To purchase football tickets, please click here and use the promo code VUFamily2022.
To purchase football tickets and support a student organization for $5.00, please click here and use the promo code IVDAY22.
When purchasing your tickets with this code, a portion of each ticket will go toward a student organization of your choosing. The drop-down menu to choose the organization you would like to support will appear after making your seat selection.
If the drop down menu to choose your organization is not populating, a sales representative will reach out to confirm the organization you’d like to support. For questions or concerns, contact Bobby Jansen at email@example.com or (615) 343-1406.
- Tickets are $30 for sideline seats and $25 for end zone seating. Additional fees will apply to your order. Tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis, and all tickets will be mobile tickets that will be loaded to your account for mobile access. (Additional fees will apply.)
- Note: If you would like for your student(s) to sit with you elsewhere in the stadium, you MUST purchase additional ticket(s). All students have free seats in the student-only section. Students will receive information regarding football ticketing to their Vanderbilt issued email at the start of the academic year.
- For information on game day parking please click here.
- Vanderbilt Stadium has a clear bag policy for games. For more information go to click here.
The details of Family Weekend are subject to change at any time based anytime. Please visit https://www.vanderbilt.edu/families/family-weekend-2022/ for the most current information.