Joe B. Wyatt Distinguished University Professor Award
Call for nominations: October 2018
Submission Deadline: TBD
The Joe B. Wyatt Distinguished University Professor Award was created to honor Chancellor Wyatt upon his retirement in 2000. The award is intended to recognize accomplishments that span multiple academic disciplines.
The title is conferred upon a full-time faculty member, regardless of rank or school, for the development of significant new knowledge from research or exemplary innovations in teaching. The announcement is made at the Spring Faculty Assembly.
The recipient carries for one year the title Joe B. Wyatt Distinguished University Professor and receives a $5,000 award and an engraved silver tray. Members of the Faculty are invited to submit nominations to the Faculty Senate. The Faculty Senate Consultative Committee reviews the nominations and makes recommendations to the Provost. Final selection is made by the Chancellor in consultation with the Provost.
- 2018 Alan Wiseman (Political Science)
- 2017 Laurie E. Cutting (Special Education)
- 2016 Velma McBride Murry (Human and Organizational Development)
- 2015 Ted. S. Hasselbring (Special Education)
- 2014 Owen D. Jones (Law and Biological Sciences)
- 2013 Tom D. Dillehay (Anthropology)
- 2012 Janos Sztipanovits (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- 2011 Bruce E. Compas (Psychology and Human Development)
- 2010 David S. Kosson (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 2009 Dana D. Nelson (English)
- 2008 David Charles Wood (Philosophy)
- 2007 Kenneth A. Wallston (Psychology)
- 2006 Sankaran Mahadevan (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 2005 Gary F. Jensen (Sociology)
- 2004 Marshall C. Eakin (History)
- 2003 Paul A. Cobb (Teaching and Learning)
- 2002 Judy G. Ozbolt (Nursing)
- 2001 Douglas Fuchs (Special Education) and Lynn S. Fuchs (Special Education)