Chancellor’s Award for Research on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Call for Nominations: Spring 2022
Submission Deadline: TBA
The Chancellor’s Awards for Research on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion recognize excellence on the part of faculty in published research, scholarship, or creative expression that advances our understanding of equity, diversity and inclusion. The awards will be given for works presented or published in the preceding three calendar years. All full-time faculty members are eligible for these research prizes. Work by research teams (two or more faculty) at Vanderbilt are also eligible for consideration. The team would be a single nomination and would share the award.
The Faculty Research Awards Review Committee, chaired by the Interim Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs, will review all nominations and then make recommendations to the Provost who in turn will forward final recommendations to the Chancellor. The award consists of a cash prize of $ 2,000 and an engraved pewter julep cup. It is presented during the Fall Assembly. The first recipients were named in 2016.
Nominations must be submitted through the InfoReady Review System.
- Emily Lordi (English)
- Rena Robinson (Chemistry)
- Melinda Aldrich (Medicine) and Jeffrey Blume (Biostatistics)
- Velma McBride Murry (Education and Human Development, Health Policy)
- Aimi Hamraie (Medicine, Health, and Society)
- Nicole Joseph (Teaching and Learning)
- Jessica Kennedy (Owen)
- Herbert Marbury (Divinity)
- Jason Grissom (Leadership, Policy, & Organizations)
- Evelyn Patterson (Sociology)
- Gilbert Gonzales (Health Policy)
- Ebony O. McGee (Teaching & Learning) and William H. Robinson (Electrical Engineering & Computer Science)