Health and Safety Protocols
COVID-19 Updated Protocols for University Vendors
Vanderbilt University following the revised CDC recommendations indicating that fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear masks or physically distance, has updated its on-campus protocols.
Effective immediately, these changes affect masking, gathering size, off-campus activities and campus visits.
Vanderbilt University-employed faculty, staff and postdoctoral fellows will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 for the 2021–22 academic school year. Currently, the university is not requiring its vendors or visitors to be fully vaccinated but it is highly encouraged.
COVID-19 safety protocol changes effective immediately include:
- Fully vaccinated people—individuals two weeks past their second dose in a two-dose vaccine such as Pfizer or Moderna, or two weeks past their single-dose of Johnson & Johnson—no longer need to wear a face mask/covering in any setting on campus, indoors or outdoors, or maintain physical distancing from other fully vaccinated people.
- People who are not fully vaccinated should continue to wear a mask and maintain physical distancing from others at all times when indoors—and when outdoors if physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- The university expects that many members of our campus community will continue to wear face masks/coverings, and the university supports their choice to do so. People who choose to wear masks should not be questioned about them, nor should they be discouraged or prohibited from wearing them.
- Gathering size limits will be lifted for outdoor gatherings. Outdoor areas should be used as community gathering spaces whenever possible.
- The university will allow for increased attendance at indoor gatherings. Indoor gatherings may occur at up to the full capacity of a given indoor space, including work, classroom and research spaces.
- Off-campus activities may resume.
- Individually packaged food and drink is allowed at gatherings.
- Vanderbilt will continue to limit the presence of visitors on campus to protect community members and to curtail the spread of COVID-19, but significant changes have been made. The full visitor policy, including information on approvals needed for specific visitors, can be found on the Health and Safety Protocols website.
Please also consult your company’s specific COVID protocols and follow all their guidelines before reporting to the job site.
The university will continue to monitor public health guidance and rely on experts, including the CDC, Metro Public Health, and our leaders at VUMC and the school of nursing, to shape its plans. Any additional changes to the university’s protocols for the fall semester will be announced this summer.