Tracks & Events
My Vanderbilt Experience offers a menu of events and activities for students to participate in across sixtracks connected to specific learning outcomes. Students must complete a total of 14 items across all tracks in order to complete the program.
- Arts (2 credits): The Arts track includes events and activities that are related to theatre, dance, music, poetry, and many other arts focused opportunities. Some past events have been Spotlight Performing Arts Showcase, Fall for the Arts and Diwali Cultural Performance.
- Cultural Awareness (2 credits): The Cultural Awareness track brings together events and activities that represent the diverse cultures on our campus. Some past events have been MLK Day Commemoration, Queer Prom, and Diverse Dores.
- Dores After Dark (2 credits): The Dores After Dark track has events and activities that happen after the sun goes down. This programming happens between the days of Monday and Thursday. Some past events have been Casino Night, VPB Palooza, and Commons Glow.
- Health & Wellbeing (3 credits): The Health and Wellbeing track if focused on the many aspects of a student’s personal and academic wellbeing, as well as events and activities that focus on making Vanderbilt a safe and welcoming place for all students. Some past events have been Men’s Health Fair, AlcoholEDU, MAPS Training, and P.R.I.D.E. workshops.
- Leadership & Service (3 credits): The Leadership and Service track is for events and activities that focus on building leadership skills in students, and presenting opportunities to get involved with service in our community. Some past events have been ENHANCE Workshops, Dance Marathon, Alternative Break, and Chaplain’s Speaker Series.
- School Spirit (2 credits): The School Spirit track brings together Vanderbilt students to support our athletics teams. All select number of sporting events and accompanying activities, such as tailgates, are eligible for this track.
You can see all upcoming events by following the directions below in Anchor Link!
- Sign in with your VUnetID and e-Password.
- Click “Events” on the black toolbar at the top of the page.
- Click “Categories” under Filters on the left side panel.
- Click “My Vanderbilt Experience” and all MVE events will be shown.
What are some examples of events that are included in the program?
Events included in the My Vanderbilt Experience Program are large-scale events that provide meaningful opportunities for student learning and engagement. These events are open to all undergraduate students, are free or have limited costs, and last a minimum of 45 minutes. Some examples of events include:
- Asian New Year Festival (Arts)
- MLK Commemoration Events (Cultural Awareness)
- Green Dot Bystander Intervention Trainings (Health and Wellbeing)
- VPB Palooza (Dores After Dark)
- Sex Ed and Healthy Relationships Week Events (Health & Wellbeing)
- Center for Student Professional Development Coaching Appointments (Leadership & Service)
- Vandy Fanatics Tailgates (School Spirit)
- Dance Marathon (Leadership & Service)