Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and Disability Services
Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and Disability Services Department (EAD): 110 21st Avenue South, Baker Building, Suite 108. 615-322-4705.
Vanderbilt is committed to the provisions of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Americans with Disabilities Act as it strives to be an inclusive community for students with disabilities. Students seeking accommodations for any type of disability are encouraged to contact EAD.
Accommodations are tailored to each student’s needs. Services include:
- Notetakers or access to class notes
- Readers and scribes
- Access to recorded textbooks and materials
- Exam accommodations
- Sign language interpreter
- Communication Access Realtime Translation (CART)
- Access to TTY equipment
- Priority scheduling
- Access to adaptive technology computer equipment and software
- Phonic Ear FM systems (assisted amplification device) available for loan
- Guidance, counseling, referral, and advocacy services to students