Dear First-Year Student,
We are so excited to welcome you to campus this week! As a reminder, first-year student move-in is scheduled for Saturday, August 20, 2022. Students are not permitted to move in prior to Saturday unless they have pre-approval as a member of an early arrival group*. Please review the following information closely as you plan your arrival on campus:
- Plan to arrive on campus 15 minutes before your scheduled move-in time, which was communicated in the housing assignment email you received on Monday, August 1.
- Bring your house hangtag and key release card that were mailed to you. If you did not receive your hangtag and key release in the mail, we will provide them for you when you arrive. Your house hangtag must be displayed from your vehicle’s rearview mirror with the house abbreviation facing forward so Vanderbilt staff can direct you accordingly.
- When you arrive on campus Saturday morning, proceed directly to your assigned staging area, which is located on the perimeter of the Ingram Commons. Please refer to the Staging Area Map for directions. Do not go directly to your house. In the staging area, you will receive your room key and will wait to be escorted to your house.
- Label each of your items with your name, house, room number, and package number. For example, if you have 12 items in your car to move in, label items as follows: “Cornelius Vanderbilt, Gillette Room 100, Box 1 of 12.” Numbering items will help you confirm all items are delivered to your room.
- Set up your phone for Mobile Commodore Card access to your building prior to arriving on campus by following instructions on the Card Services webpage. If you have not already submitted a photograph to the Card Office, please do so now.
- Download the Vanderbilt University app through your App Store or Google Play Store and allow notifications. Once you download the Vanderbilt University app, you can access the specific CommonVU/First Year Move-In content (“New Student Orientation” icon).
- The weather for Saturday is predicted to be in the mid 80’s. Hydration stations will be set up around campus during move-in. In the event of rain, move-in will continue. Weather will be monitored and necessary updates will be communicated through staff and the Vanderbilt University app.
- Review the University’s Public Health website for the most updated information.
* Students who have been pre-approved to arrive early should visit the move-in webpage for specific details.
Safe travels on your trip to Nashville, and we look forward to meeting you soon!
Director of Housing Assignments
Associate Director of Housing Assignments
Coordinator for Housing Assignments
Vanderbilt University is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Vanderbilt®, Vanderbilt University®, V Oak Leaf Design®, Star V Design® and Anchor Down® are trademarks of The Vanderbilt University. ©2022 Vanderbilt University. All rights reserved.