Thank you to those who participated and voted in the Senate election. After a week-long process, we are excited to welcome our newest senators.
- Arts & Sciences: Matt Geleta, Angela Yan
- Blair: Ian Stripling Jenson
- Transfer Senator: Ethan Thorpe
- First-year: Tae Kim, Zack Maaieh, Michael Chen, Hananeel Morinville, Ben Carlow
- Second-year: Ari Sasson, David Mailman, Gabby Jones, Makala Desargent, Bowan Talbot
- Third-year: Deveandre Johnson, Yihan Li, Rahan Arasteh, Garfield Tingyu Zhang
- Fourth-year: Zev Sernik
In addition, there are multiple vacant seats in this Senate. The vacant seats represent the Peabody College of Education and Human Development, the School of Engineering, Third-year, and Fourth-year constituencies.
In order to fill these seats, the Elections Commission in tandem with the Speaker of the Senate have decided to open up an application process. The application will close next Thursday, 9/23 at 12:00 pm CDT. The link to apply is below:
If you would like to be involved in VSG, we strongly recommend that you consider applying to fill the remaining seats in the Senate. This is a unique opportunity where you can join the senate without running a campaign. The only requirements are that you are a member of the respective constituency and have a minimum gpa of 2.5
Thank you all for your participation in this election process and congratulations to the newly elected Senators. We look forward to seeing all that they accomplish this coming year, and we can’t wait to read your applications!
Elections Commission Chair