Welcome to SkyVU in Review – features, announcements, tips & tricks and other updates for Vanderbilt’s Oracle Cloud system and related processes.
Oracle Cloud Updates
Update 21B Completed
Vanderbilt’s Oracle Cloud environment was updated to release 21B during the weekend of May 21-22.
Learning: Added option for browsing the catalog
We are excited to share the users can now browse the Oracle Learning catalog by Topic.
To use this new option, click the Catalog Browse button on the main Learning page, expand one or more of the categories and then choose a topic to view the available courses.
Projects: Use wildcard character (%) to indicate search type
With Release 21B, the general search bar has been updated to use the wildcard character [%] to specify your desired search type as follows:
- To perform a begins with search, enter the beginning of the project name or number, followed by the wildcard character (Example: GC_12510%)
- To perform a contains search, surround the keyword with the wildcard character (Example: %Smith%)
The wildcard character is not required when entering the entire project number or name in the search bar.
In Focus: Prepare for fiscal year end
As we approach our June 30, 2021, fiscal year end, please review the close schedule and close calendar resources that are available in the Oracle Help Center to ensure that you and your teams meet the key transaction submission and approval deadlines.
Additional information related to year end close was reviewed during the Session 21B user group meetings for both Finance and HCM Users and Procurement users – please use the links in the Continuing Education section below to review this information.
Tip of the Month: Use Connections or Directory to locate enrolled student info
As new students begin to join us for Summer 2021, please remember that HCM Specialists are able to locate students to add an assignment when:
- The student has previously been a student worker; or
- The student has Shared Data Access with the HCM Specialist.
If you are not able to view a student when attempting to add an assignment or create a work relationship, please search for the student in either Connections or the Directory to confirm whether they are active in Oracle, and if so, ask them to share their data access with you.
If you are unable to locate the student in Connections or the Directory, you can reach out to the Office of the Registrar to confirm whether they are enrolled and should have an active account, noting it may take 1-2 business days for the record to be created in Oracle after a student has matriculated.
Please note also that HCM Specialists may manually add interns and observers who are not enrolled Vanderbilt students to Oracle as non-workers if they need access to Oracle on an ongoing basis (e.g., to complete lab safety trainings).
Financial Unit Managers, HCM Specialists and BU/E Approvers
FUMs, HCM Specialists, Approvers and other enrollees should access the Oracle Cloud Continuing Education: Financials and Core HR User Group 2021 series in Oracle Learning.
- Session 21B is now available. If you were unable to attend either of this year’s sessions so far, please be sure that you review the video and presentation materials for Session 21A and/or 21B.
- All enrollees can view and download calendar invitations for future sessions within the Oracle Learning course.
Procurement Requesters and other users should access the Oracle Cloud Continuing Education: Procurement User Group series and view the Session 21B in Oracle Learning if they have not done so already.
Session 21A is also available for any users who have not yet reviewed those updates.
- If you have a question regarding a specific purchasing transaction, please contact the Purchasing and Payment Services team using the contact information provided on the Get Help page; or
- If you would like to suggest a topic for a future quarterly update or topic-based user session, please click here to submit your idea.